Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default NYCC LIVE: DC's New 52 Panel

Justin Gray, Jimmy Palmiotti, Paul Levitz, James Tynion IV, and more come together at New York Comic Con to talk about the direction of the New 52 as it enters its third year, as well as announcing new projects.

Full article here.

BANNED

No new projects announced, no other big comebacks and a bunch of stonewalling when faced with questions... why does DC even bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    No new projects announced, no other big comebacks and a bunch of stonewalling when faced with questions... why does DC even bother?
    The very least they could do is to name drop some projects or give us hints of things to come that haven't been spoiled by the solicits already.

I was hoping they would announce some new books. Marvel has essentially killed them this weekend with new announcements.

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Does DC ever announce anything at conventions? Their panels are generally just big puff pieces.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Justin Gray, Jimmy Palmiotti, Paul Levitz, James Tynion IV, and more come together at New York Comic Con to talk about the direction of the New 52 as it enters its third year, as well as announcing new projects.
    Seemingly not.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Does DC ever announce anything at conventions? Their panels are generally just big puff pieces.
    THE RETURN OF STEPHANIE BROWN!!!!!...

... then, you look at Marvel, Valiant and others, and you only can think, DC...

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeroffl View Post
    I was hoping they would announce some new books. Marvel has essentially killed them this weekend with new announcements.
    I agree. 101010

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    THE RETURN OF STEPHANIE BROWN!!!!!...

... then, you look at Marvel, Valiant and others, and you only can think, DC...

There is that at least, (and Batman Eternal in general I guess) but don't forget it was revealed during the Q&A. If no one asked I don't think they would have said anything. Of course it's become pretty obvious that it would always be asked by now.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

So- apparently earth 2 is even WORSE than earth one? Even with all the gloom and doom coming up? Honestly, is there a positive earth out there?

I'm not sure why there would be any new, big, announcements when DC is two months into their first big event, since 2011, Forever Evil and still have five months to go. There most likely won't be big news until around January, WonderCon or until the latest at C2E2.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 10-12-2013 at 03:38 PM.

DC's panels are just awful now. After what Marvel did I was hoping they would at least announce something exciting, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So- apparently earth 2 is even WORSE than earth one? Even with all the gloom and doom coming up? Honestly, is there a positive earth out there?
    Technically New 52 isn't Earth-One. Earth-One is where the said-titled OGNs take place. Batman '66verse and Li'l Gothamverse are a little lighter I imagine.
    Last edited by A_Nominus; 10-12-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeroffl View Post
    Marvel is focusing on their All New Marvel Now! Second Wave along with the Inhumanity branding. DC Comics isn't in that position to be announcing any new announcements or new books.

Damn DC panels are boring as hell.

The only exciting was
    One fan said he felt that Cyborg "felt like an aftertought," but Cunningham said, "I can assure you from many many discussions with Geoff Johns that Cyborg is anything but an afterthought." He will play a huge role in "Forever Evil," Cunningham said.