Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default NYCC: Lobdell Announces Death of Superboy

During DC Comics' Superman panel at New York Comic Con, writer Scott Lobdell announced the upcoming death of Superboy in the pages of "Superman," a statement supported by the issue's solicitation copy.

Full article here.

Lodbell is the greatest troll ever, and CBR knows how to captalize clicks from Lodbell haters.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Yeah, I'm still having a lot of troubling swallowing this.

I have an incredibly difficult time believing anyone cares enough about Jon Lane Kent for the Superboy book to not tank horrifically, as its already on thin ice as it is, and the last thing Supergirl needs is to be gone from the Superman line altogether. If anything its time for the exact opposite, stronger ties. We've already had two years of a disconnect. For the sake of argument though, should it turn out true, I'd say he, or Berganza, or both, would need to be gone from the Superman books. And that would be a heavy 180 for me. Considering all that, I'm still going with troll. But that in of itself would be irritating as Lobdell needs to stop provoking certain sections of the fanbase, and give the fans who took the time to be at that con real information.

Both ways just kind of stupid, be it real or joke.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-11-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

If ppl can't tell this is a joke then they have HUGE problems.

Superboy is a clone named kon-el and Conner kent with TTK,that will never change.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

So lets see here, Lobell claims that he's going to go and change up Kon for Jon and pretty much piss off readers in the process. Not that I mind the idea of a Lois and Clark son, it's just that it plays into the issue of you know "We can't have them together." *sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    If ppl can't tell this is a joke then they have HUGE problems.

Superboy is a clone named kon-el and Conner kent with TTK,that will never change.
    Except that we're dealing with DC right now and people are app to try things to get readers. My guess they're trying to win over Lois/Clark fans by saying "Look Look! They have a son, he's superboy now." So while I'm taking it with a grain of salt, given how things are going I wouldn't be suprised if this stunt plays out.

Veteran Member

If this is actually a joke I will laugh at CBR's "journalism".

It wouldn't make sense for this too actually happen anyway seeing as Superboy looks to be alive and well in Forever Evil and that supposedly takes place after Krypton Returns.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Yeah. A joke would be nice. Though, if the thing about Supergirl is true, is she joining Teen Titans?
    .tumblr
    by the light, by the truth, by sangreal and sword and pendragon's fire
    by defender's might and dragon circle's destiny behold thy bane!

✘ stephen strange

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It wouldn't make sense for this too actually happen anyway seeing as Superboy looks to be alive and well in Forever Evil and that supposedly takes place after Krypton Returns.
    Aren't Krypton Returns and The Trial of Kid Flash supposed to have loose connections, suggesting that Superboy is time traveling in both stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    If this is actually a joke I will laugh at CBR's "journalism".
    I usually take any news CBR brings up with a grain of salt but if this is true then whatever. Superboy will come back eventually.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Read my other thread,BQM just gave superboy in the smallville issue TELEKINESIS,and said his name is Conner kent and kon-el.finally DC is starting to sync up this shit
    Not to mention his shirt has more lines on it,to further blur the differences
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

God help us if its Clone Saga Part II.

You're not Jon Lane Kent! You're the one created by NOWHERE! The kid who died was Jon Lane Kent!

Its a sad day for DC when I would actually welcome this change to see if anything good could come out of it. Seriously if it was Pre-52 superboy i'd be mad but with new 52 I just don't care.

I'm not stressing it,I'm just having fun seeing superboys name show up at the top of the threads by someone else besides me.

Keep it up boys
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch