Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

I've been reading comics for over 20 years and I still don't understand some of the things some of you guys say:

"He would never..."
    "The author didn't spend enough time on..."
    "I'm not convinced that she would ever..."
    "Wolverine is a hypocrite..."
    "And now poor Nico..."

It seems to me like you are more interested in being right about the state of your fictional good friend than you are in being entertained. Is it so hard to take these things at face value and have fun?

I find it a bit sad really in regards to the listing of teen comics coming out right now from marvel. What will we have: Ms. Marvel, Avengers Undercover, and...I think that's it. Unless you count New Warriors but the team has different ages in there. Where as before we had Academy, Wolverine and the X-men, then Arena, WATXM, and YA, we are now down to, what two books again? *rubs head*

Dear Marvel, please note that if you want new younger readers you need to publish more than two teen books out there.

Regarding Undercover. I'll keep my eye on this. To be honest I wasn't a fan of the premise of Arena, namely because I felt that the structure of the story was a bit too big for the run that it was going for. I'm not going to comment about the writing, although the art wasn't that interesting to me. I'll see what reviews of Undercover come out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I find it a bit sad really in regards to the listing of teen comics coming out right now from marvel. What will we have: Ms. Marvel, Avengers Undercover, and...I think that's it. Unless you count New Warriors but the team has different ages in there. Where as before we had Academy, Wolverine and the X-men, then Arena, WATXM, and YA, we are now down to, what two books again? *rubs head*

Dear Marvel, please note that if you want new younger readers you need to publish more than two teen books out there.

Regarding Undercover. I'll keep my eye on this. To be honest I wasn't a fan of the premise of Arena, namely because I felt that the structure of the story was a bit too big for the run that it was going for. I'm not going to comment about the writing, although the art wasn't that interesting to me. I'll see what reviews of Undercover come out with.
    ALL NEW GHOST RIDER! He's a teenager goddammt! Also, there's still Nova, and New Warriors does count, even if they have adult supervisors. If anything while lost of YA and Legacy is saddering, 2014 looks much better than 2013 - we might get better book to replace WatXM, prefferably not written by Aaron and fucking Arena is over. This Undercover bullshit won't last long, so this year actually looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoSunrise24 View Post
    I just had an awesome thought. Anyone else think it would be cool to have some of the Young Masters as supporting characters in this book? I.E. Coat of Arms, Egghead, Big Zero, Enchantress, etc. None of them are doing anything right now, and seeing people more around their age who took dark paths might give the Undercover kids some mega doubts about their own alignment. Plus I want to see Sylvie try to hit on Cullen and fail like she did with Wiccan, LOL.

1) Young Masters broke up and went separate ways.
    2) I like Young Masters. I bet you know what's my opinion about Hopeless writing characters I like. In case you don't remember:

It seems to me like you are more interested in being right about the state of your fictional good friend than you are in being entertained. Is it so hard to take these things at face value and have fun?
    The only reason I ever gave, how my favorite character of all comics would put it, two third of dead dog's cock about anything wrritten by Hopeless was when he started writing my "fictional good friends". Would he never touch them, I wouldn't say a bad word about him, I wouldn't even read his fucking book. But he did. And so I'm gonna judge his works. And they simply don't live up to my standards.
    And I cannot have fun with book I cannot enjoy. I cannot enjoy things I cannot take at face value. I cannot take things at face value if I consider them stupid or out of character. Everything in Arena is stupdi and out of character. This book isantithesis of word fun and I'm pretty sure Undercover will be too.
    Last edited by Wicker Man; 11-19-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

Teen titles in 2014: Ms.Marvel, Avengers Undercover, All-new ghost-rider, Nova, New Warriors(most members are teens), All-new X-men, Loki:Agent of Asgard, and the students of Uncanny X-men

New Warrior emeritus

But what about Darkhawk? :( When will he ever appear again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sifighter View Post
    Teen titles in 2014: Ms.Marvel, Avengers Undercover, All-new ghost-rider, Nova, New Warriors(most members are teens), All-new X-men, Loki:Agent of Asgard, and the students of Uncanny X-men
    Honestly best case for a teen character is probably getting a meaty role while surrounded by a few adult characters like Victor in Avengers AI, Powerman and White Tiger in Mighty Avengers and Arana in Avengers Assemble.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by thepowell View Post
    Maybe he is in this, I mean do we truly know the full cast for this title besides Anachronism, Bloodstone, Cammi, Hazmat, and Deathlocket? Heck, chase and Nico could appear for all we know. Although I think it would be a lot cooler if he just decided to head into space to deal with all his problems or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by thepowell View Post
    I'd love it but lets face it, Darkhawk doesn't seem to be that popular with any of Marvel's writing staff or editors. Heck even Hopeless wanted the armor more than Chris Powell who was basically in stasis for 90% of the event. DnA used him and he had a brief stint in the Loners miniseries but thats about it as far as Im aware.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoSunrise24 View Post
    I just had an awesome thought. Anyone else think it would be cool to have some of the Young Masters as supporting characters in this book? I.E. Coat of Arms, Egghead, Big Zero, Enchantress, etc. None of them are doing anything right now, and seeing people more around their age who took dark paths might give the Undercover kids some mega doubts about their own alignment. Plus I want to see Sylvie try to hit on Cullen and fail like she did with Wiccan, LOL.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I'd love the Young Masters (or some of them, like Coat of Arms) to show up and be antagonists!
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."