Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    I assume he likes those two he might not be a karma fan. I am not sure if they have a telepath, Cap U is probably one though since she has every power in the book practically. Yeah never understood what the Avengers had against mystics and telepaths.
    Agreed. RIP Doctor Voodoo (I still hope Ronin is Jericho, he won't be, but I can dream!).
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Yeah Bendis took out Voodoo and then knocked out Kale. Top Black Mystic and Top LGBT One dead in one fell swoop.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Yeah Bendis took out Voodoo and then knocked out Kale. Top Black Mystic and Top LGBT One dead in one fell swoop.
    Very sad end to his arc (esp. considering he was the one to push Voodoo into the forefront). But Jennifer Kale is not the top LGBT mystic!

"I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Very sad end to his arc (esp. considering he was the one to push Voodoo into the forefront). But Jennifer Kale is not the top LGBT mystic!

U know how I feel about Wiccan. He is more plot device really, he does not even know what he is doing most of the time. He has got very little knowledge so he is not exactly a guy you go to defeat a mystic threat because he wont know anything useful.

U know how I feel about Wiccan. He is more plot device really, he does not even know what he is doing most of the time. He has got very little knowledge so he is not exactly a guy you go to defeat a mystic threat because he wont know anything useful.
    Thanks to Loki he's recently got a ton of magic training, and (hopefully) we will see the full extent of his magic control in the showdown with MoM. Also, he is the wunderkind of magic, a magic messiah called the Demiurge! You don't get much more top than that!

While Jennifer Kale is awesome (but sadly dead ), she's not been the star of a comic, she's not even been a main character in a comic (to the best of my knowledge); so I still feel (whether you like him or not) Wiccan is THE top LGBT magic user. Not liking someone, and not acknowledging their status isn't the same thing. I can easily not like Blue Marvel, but he IS one of the strongest and smartest superheroes at Marvel. In fact if he was kept as "the final stand" I'd be okay with that, he is a one man army (and I'd happily watch him punch that purple clown into oblivion).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-14-2013 at 04:05 AM.

Thanks to Loki he's recently got a ton of magic training, and (hopefully) we will see the full extent of his magic control in the showdown with MoM. Also, he is the wunderkind of magic, a magic messiah called the Demiurge! You don't get much more top than that!

While Jennifer Kale is awesome (but sadly dead ), she's not been the star of a comic, she's not even been a main character in a comic (to the best of my knowledge); so I still feel (whether you like him or not) Wiccan is THE top LGBT magic user. Not liking someone, and not acknowledging their status isn't the same thing. I can easily not like Blue Marvel, but he IS one of the strongest and smartest superheroes at Marvel. In fact if he was kept as "the final stand" I'd be okay with that, he is a one man army (and I'd happily watch him punch that purple clown into oblivion).
    Wiccan is BOSS!
    I will admit, however, that I miss Doctor Voodoo. Jennifer Kale doesn't do it for me.

I'd also agree that Karma would be a welcome addition to the Avengers community -- on Secret Avengers perhaps.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Wiccan is BOSS!

I will admit, however, that I miss Doctor Voodoo. Jennifer Kale doesn't do it for me.
    Me too. I always wanted Jericho to take Wiccan as his student (like Strange did for Clea). I've not read much with Jennifer, but REALLY enjoyed her guest spot in Thunderbolts. I miss a giant Man-Thing

I'd also agree that Karma would be a welcome addition to the Avengers community -- on Secret Avengers perhaps.
    She's make the most sense in Secret Avengers (and FINALLY add an adult LGBT Avenger); but I'm sure they could find space for her on Avengers (with her old team mates). I keep trying Secret Avengers (when ever a new writer comes on) and keep dropping it. It never is the "spy series" I want it to be. I want Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and instead it's full of people who's "in the shadows" isn't their strength (ugh, and Coulson is RUBBISH!).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-14-2013 at 04:35 AM.

I am
    Not sure I can think of an lgbt who fits is moondragon still Alive?
    Moondragon is still alive. What really grinds my gears is that she is a perfect addition to any ensemble cast because of her haughty and abrasive nature. She causes friction and tells people what's on her mind, and that's possible to do with out regressing her character or blowing out the worst aspects of it. That's who she is 100% of the time.

I assume he likes those two he might not be a karma fan. I am not sure if they have a telepath, Cap U is probably one though since she has every power in the book practically. Yeah never understood what the Avengers had against mystics and telepaths.
    I think Nightmask is some kind of telepath.

As for the lack of mystics and telepaths, it's super weird, because the Avengers run up against such threats often enough. I mean in the past they had Wanda and Druid who was a bit second-rate, but the core cosmic spanning team has no one to take on a mystic threat, and that's in a cast of 20+ individuals. If D'spayre came along one day, they'd be boned.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 10-14-2013 at 04:59 AM.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Because Blue Marvel has got the feats showing he is that tough and that smart. I will agree with you when Wiccan actually shows some knowledge.

Because Blue Marvel has got the feats showing he is that tough and that smart. I will agree with you when Wiccan actually shows some knowledge.
    Wiccan is the messiah of magic called the Demiurge (cannon). In terms of raw power it's been confirmed many times how mighty his potential is; Gillen has just expanded on that. And in terms of leading a comic, Wiccan has also done that (which Kale hasn't); so he's very much the top LGBT magic user (and denial of this IS silly, based not on facts but bias). Though I do feel better about disliking Blue Marvel now, it's at-least more ration and less fan-crazy than your dislike of Wiccan
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-15-2013 at 03:41 AM.

I hope Nico and Chase won't be anywhere near this book. Hopeless did enough of damage to them. I fear Runaways fandom might never recover from his stupidity.
    through it's nto as bad as what he did to Cammi, turning her from fun and interestign character into second coming of Wesley Crusher.
    I hope this book fails. Arena was the worst book I've ever read in my life (at leat Jeph Loeb wanted to express soething when he wrote Ultimatum) and I do not approve of plagiatism. Hopeless had shameessly stolen entire plot points and characterisations from Battle Royale and other works (compare what he did to Nico with her arc in Joss Whedon's run on Runaways) and thinking now he tries to salvage hsi career by stealing from one of my favorite books of all time, the Sleeper, disgusts me. Not to mention his casual sexism and favoritism, two things I cannot stand in any writer.
    I would pray for this book to fail, but existence of Arena already proves to me there is no good god who could listen to my prayers in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicker Man View Post
    I hope Nico and Chase won't be anywhere near this book. Hopeless did enough of damage to them. I fear Runaways fandom might never recover from his stupidity.
    through it's nto as bad as what he did to Cammi, turning her from fun and interestign character into second coming of Wesley Crusher.
    I hope this book fails. Arena was the worst book I've ever read in my life (at leat Jeph Loeb wanted to express soething when he wrote Ultimatum) and I do not approve of plagiatism. Hopeless had shameessly stolen entire plot points and characterisations from Battle Royale and other works (compare what he did to Nico with her arc in Joss Whedon's run on Runaways) and thinking now he tries to salvage hsi career by stealing from one of my favorite books of all time, the Sleeper, disgusts me. Not to mention his casual sexism and favoritism, two things I cannot stand in any writer.
    I would pray for this book to fail, but existence of Arena already proves to me there is no good god who could listen to my prayers in the world.
    I don't think we should ever hope a comic fails just because we don't like the story, because there are fans of it who DO enjoy it. But yes, feel free not to get it. Also, Avengers Undercover won't be like Arena (as far as I can tell) so you might enjoy this more. Maybe see how the first issue reviews are before you decide 100% whether to pray for the end.

Issue is he messed up character of characters who had less than 40 issues. He is working with Zemo and how many issues has Zemo had?

That is what the concern is.
    Currently Reading:
    Avengers, UXM, UA, NA, YA, AA, SSM, Hawkguy, Fearless Defenders,WaTXM, ANXM

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Issue is he messed up character of characters who had less than 40 issues. He is working with Zemo and how many issues has Zemo had?
    That is what the concern is.
    I agree (from the premise) he's taking them into a dark territory (less heroic) but that becomes more "I don't like this evolution of the characters". As a MASSIVE Zemo fan (4th favourite character of all time) I'm excited to see where Hopeless goes with this... nervous, but excited!

I am fine with character progression as long as the original character is kept in tact at the beginning. That is the problem.

Maybe I will be wrong.
    Currently Reading:
    Avengers, UXM, UA, NA, YA, AA, SSM, Hawkguy, Fearless Defenders,WaTXM, ANXM