Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Yep, you can see that at about 3:17 on the trailer.

I wonder if that would have been a story they would have told had they got a full 22 episode season? It's not really necessary to this story so they can leave it out of the 13 but if given time I'm sure they would have expanded on it. Maybe it could have been a story for a second season but I'm not sure they'd center a story around a flashback.

As I recall reading the plan once was for Wonderland to be filler while the original Once was on break, then it was given it's own slot but then it wasn't picked up for a full 22 episode season (although it feels like it with the Taste and time off for Olympics taking up a few months). I think I read the producers had said they'd tell their story in as many episodes as they got, like if they had got more than 13 it could be expanded on to fit in 22.

I wonder if the budget for this show would be too much for ABC Family? Like if this aired it as a miniseries/event type deal, maybe in the summer or something.
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 03-24-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Looks like we'll be in for quite and ending.

And I was pleased to see they did manage to tell about the Knave's heart.

I liked seeing how Alice and Will met...didn't realize he had that bit of tragedy in his backstory.

They managed a smart plan against Jafar, but he noticed the glances between Amara and Cyrus...ah well. I do like that they introduced the possibility that Jafar succeeding could help them. Wonder how that'll go.

It seems like the more this show goes on, however, the more backstory they tease. For instance, what made the Jabberwocky into a monster?

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I wonder if the budget for this show would be too much for ABC Family? Like if this aired it as a miniseries/event type deal, maybe in the summer or something.
    They'd have to cut down on CGI, no White Rabbit or Caterpillar, I'm sure, but I wouldn't mind it if they come up with a good story. Even if they wrap everything up satisfactorily, I'm sure I'm still going to want more.

And they wrap it up very nicely with a feel good ending although i kind of feel that if Jafar has become this all powerful wizard who can bend the laws of magic , shouldn't he actually be more powerful than the guardian of the well or that he could just undo whatever curse that was placed on him ?
    Anyway , it was still a good ending and a fine way to end the series.

Wow, I did not expect that epilogue! Finished it up even more nicely than I expected (I figured both Amara and Anastasia were goners). I'm going to miss it terribly, though, some stories left untold (more on the Jabberwocky, an appearance by the Mad Hatter would've been nice).

It was a heck of a finale, though. Jafar at his full power was scary, with what he did to his father, and I loved how defiant Alice was when he had her captured.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    And they wrap it up very nicely with a feel good ending although i kind of feel that if Jafar has become this all powerful wizard who can bend the laws of magic , shouldn't he actually be more powerful than the guardian of the well or that he could just undo whatever curse that was placed on him ?
    I was wondering about that too, thought maybe he'd put up more of a fight, at least. There was some kind of magic he couldn't re-write, though. Maybe because the genie curses on Cyrus and his brothers were older than what Jafar did, when that was undone, the rest of it fell apart like a house of cards. Maybe Jafar should've used his powers to change the past to be on the safe side and secure his powers, because if you think about it, making it so Alice never met Cyrus could've ended up screwing him.

Anyway , it was still a good ending and a fine way to end the series.
    I kind of wondered that too, I guess she's on a goddess level of power and he's minor deity? That and they wanted to do a play on Aladdin's finale.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Maybe Jafar should've used his powers to change the past to be on the safe side and secure his powers, because if you think about it, making it so Alice never met Cyrus could've ended up screwing him.
    Yeah, I thought maybe Alice's ace up her sleeve was that changing her past would make it so she didn't find Cyrus but maybe he only would change it for her? I don't know. I suppose he could change it so he snags Cyrus before having to chase him to Wonderland.

As much as I would have liked to have more, I like this ending and the epilogue was a cherry on top of the sundae. I'm cool with this as a limited series and it was nice to have a happy ending to watch after SHIELD getting into the messy part of their story (I only just got a chance to watch Wonderland). It's like a good graphic novel, I could see myself watching it again someday.

I hear Michael Socha is headed to the main show, despite it being reported April 1st they say it's not a prank.
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/01/mi...e-upon-a-time/
    I don't know if Anastasia will follow though it could be interesting if her and their Cinderella crossed paths. I liked how she wore lavender to the wedding, out of the red since the Red Queen's time was over but not Anastasia's.
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 04-10-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Well , the show did established that the knave was a resident of storybrooke so maybe once the adventure of wonderland was over , he and Anastasia went back to storybrooke ?

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Well , the show did established that the knave was a resident of storybrooke so maybe once the adventure of wonderland was over , he and Anastasia went back to storybrooke ?
    I read that the producers of the mother ship show have picked up Socha's option and are going to bring him into the main show. He and Anastasia had their happy ending after he got his heart back, so I don't see where that story continues. But both villains Jafar and the Jabberwocky have open ended fates that could bring them onto the main show.

As to the series itself, I liked it and it was fun. Maybe a tad one-note toward the ending episodes, but it was nice for once with this genre of show to get that "happily ever after". I think that OUAT would be more appealing to me if some characters got those happy endings at the end of seasons, as the b****-fest between Regina and her sister Zalina was just embarrassing to see. THAT'S what that show has degenerated to, essentially Whatever Happened To Baby Jane or a Wives of ________ "reality" show?

So good show, too bad it didn't get a second season, but it was great that the story truly got finished and had a happy ending.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Earth 2, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I read that the producers of the mother ship show have picked up Socha's option and are going to bring him into the main show. He and Anastasia had their happy ending after he got his heart back, so I don't see where that story continues. But both villains Jafar and the Jabberwocky have open ended fates that could bring them onto the main show.
    There's always flashbacks, and since they're using a lot of Robin Hood this season, there's no reason there can't be more Will Scarlet. I'd love to see Jafar back.