Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I almost wondered if his waiting to come to bed was him still sorting it out, like maybe the cost will be the father going mad in a way he thought Alice did. It could just be he forgets about her but uf she stays in Wonderland, it won't matter cause she won't know. Last she knew, he believed her.
    Yes the "cost" of the wish can be interpreted either way. Either Alice's father will think it all a dream and their reconciliation will be negated, or he will start to ruminate on it and eventually his low tolerance level second wife will send him off to the insane asylum.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Those Jafar flashback were intense. Thought it was a little cheap that the Sultan just didn't drown him all the way, but otherwise, good stuff. Right up to the present when the Sultan tried to kill himself just to spite Jafar. So that other boy was the Sultan's only heir? Does that mean no Jasmine?

The Alice plot was good too. We knew, just as Will did, that it's not in Alice's nature to be so cold, even to her jerk of a father. Two wishes down, one wish to go! Also interesting to note that Alice managed to use a wish while Cyrus was unconscious.

I almost wonder if this should have been a PBS show (I know with rights it could't) but the literary quality and all British cast would be something PBS audiences would love. It's a smaller, more intimate story (like others have said those Alice/Father scenes and Jafar's back-story were terrific).
    Does PBS do fantasy?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Those Jafar flashback were intense. Thought it was a little cheap that the Sultan just didn't drown him all the way, but otherwise, good stuff. Right up to the present when the Sultan tried to kill himself just to spite Jafar. So that other boy was the Sultan's only heir? Does that mean no Jasmine?
    I wondered that too. Unless the boy will be Jasmine's father one day? Jafar would then be a creepy uncle. Or maybe the other boy is killed and that leaves him Jasmine who can only be heir without a big brother? It really doesn't make sense for Aladdin continuity to me.
    Maybe there's a coup and another family takes over, or Jasmine's father took the throne when the sultan was kidnapped and the prince ran away.

Does PBS do fantasy?
    They air some BBC programs like Dr Who around here, and have done some Shakespeare presentations. I don't know that they've done outright fantasy but this being based on a classic book wouldn't be too far out there for them. Maybe BBC/BBC America would have been a better fit. I think BBC has done Narnia and stuff.

Well that was a twist I did not see coming but am really curious to see where it goes.

Well that was a twist I did not see coming but am really curious to see where it goes.
    One would think that happening to her best friend would make certain Alices suffering didn't end. Now if Jafaar had taken that place...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    One would think that happening to her best friend would make certain Alices suffering didn't end. Now if Jafaar had taken that place...
    I think that may wind up being Jafar's fate by the end of this season. Entertaining episode, all the pieces via the chess board are coming together. And was I the only one who for just a moment thought that the Rabbit was going to open a portal to Storybrooke?
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

True, I guess that's part of the hidden costs. Will wanted her to live and gave her Cyrus, maybe since non-Genie Cyrus was everyone's best bet to ultimately end her suffering.
    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I think that may wind up being Jafar's fate by the end of this season.
    Oh, that'd be interesting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	398728_1268762513639_full.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	123156
    Total cosmic power. Itty-bitty living space.
    And was I the only one who for just a moment thought that the Rabbit was going to open a portal to Storybrooke?
    I kinda wondered. If it was Alice's England she could prove she was telling the truth but Jafar knows where that it, Robin Hood's England may not be welcoming to Will and Anastasia anymore so Storybrooke would be a better choice. I don't think Jafar knows of it.

MARCH?!?!?! Aww, it's going to be a long few months.

Fantastic episode! Whoopi Goldberg as Mrs. White Rabbit was a nice touch, and I'm glad he was united with his family. Cyrus made a pretty nice home for Alice. I loved the scene of them uniting, but I was probably most impressed with Red Queen/Anastasia. Pleading to Alice to leave before the cloud came was a side to her we haven't seen before. But she's still ruthless, pulling an off with his head on one of her servant. I guess Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum have divided loyalties, and the cost was high.

As an aside note, I like how Jafar's magic always seems to involve mixing potions and working in a shop. It looks better than just waving his arms like other uses of magic.

I wondered that too. Unless the boy will be Jasmine's father one day? Jafar would then be a creepy uncle. Or maybe the other boy is killed and that leaves him Jasmine who can only be heir without a big brother? It really doesn't make sense for Aladdin continuity to me.
    Maybe there's a coup and another family takes over, or Jasmine's father took the throne when the sultan was kidnapped and the prince ran away.
    The Sultan's other son is dead, the Sultan is a prisoner and Jafar was never acknowledged as his son. That leaves Agrabah without a ruler unless another royal family did move in.

One would think that happening to her best friend would make certain Alices suffering didn't end.
    I'm sure that's what Will thought. I thought it was a smart wish he made regardless. I was figuring that once Alice and Cyrus reunited the next quest they would go on would either be to find a way to get rid of Jafar or to get Will his heart back. I guess now it's to save Will from the lamp. Cool twist, especially if Anastasia is helping them.

And was I the only one who for just a moment thought that the Rabbit was going to open a portal to Storybrooke?
    That was my first thought, but since he had to make a heat of the moment decision, I thought he might accidentally send them to Agrabah.

The Sultan's other son is dead, the Sultan is a prisoner and Jafar was never acknowledged as his son. That leaves Agrabah without a ruler unless another royal family did move in.
    Oh, right. I remember the prince running but I forgot Jafar killed him. Well there we go. i'm going with either a new family altogether or the line of succession went to an uncle or something and that's how we got the tubby guy we know from the cartoon and he only has a daughter for an heir.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aladdin-The-Sultan-Upbraids-Jafar-princess-jasmine-17727341-450-258.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	123263

Not that they have to match the cartoons if they don't want to but I was thinking, since Jafar has a genie with a lamp too- the ending could be him losing it and maybe being stripped of some power and being banished back to Agrabah where he could worm into the new royals (presuming they don't know he's the reason the old one is gone). The new Sultan' daughter could then be wooed by a boy who found Jafar's genie lamp (and magic carpet) in a cave...

That's how it can work in my mind but they might have other plans.

MARCH?!?!?! Aww, it's going to be a long few months.
    Yup, long wait, lol.

But she's still ruthless, pulling an off with his head on one of her servant.
    The set up for the joke was good, but I won't lie that I was a bit disappointed that we got to miss out on her screaming her signature line.

I was figuring that once Alice and Cyrus reunited the next quest they would go on would either be to find a way to get rid of Jafar or to get Will his heart back. I guess now it's to save Will from the lamp.
    I expect it will flip from Will to Jafar, and enslaving him to the bottle to have all that power he wanted, but unable to use it. I hope this will be the case for him, and I hope that it's the Red Queen who outsmarts/tricks him into it as I still don't like how outmatched she was to him in the first half of episodes, showing herself to have won her game of chess against him, but for actual good instead of evil (possibly).
    Pull list:

Im hoping Will somehow ends up in Agrabah and meets Aladdin, becoming his genie. He would be a better fit since Will is more comical than Cyrus.

I haven't had a chance to watch this week's episode yet but am resurrecting the thread for any who have (and so I can find it again when I do see it).

Edit: watched it. Really interesting episode. I like how the plot is progressing, lots of twists.
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 03-07-2014 at 02:57 PM.

I liked Lizard...

Yeah for a character who was only in two episodes, I was sad. It's amazing how much development they can squeeze in and they really play up the down side of wishes.

Has the thread for the parent show completely disappeared?