Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default NYCC: Marts, DC Share Details on "Detective Comics" #27 Anthology

Batman group editor Mike Marts discusses plans for the upcoming "Detective Comics" issue #27 anthology issue, featuring stories from Batman luminaries Frank Miller, Scott Snyder, Paul Dini and more.

Full article here.

Dat Burnham cover doe !

Peep Lincoln March in the background too

I am so excited to see Snyder's future story. I really like that Morrison's 666 issue set up a ton of the following story elements of his run. I hope to see something similar with Snyer's future story.

It's like a massive orgy of Bat-love. I need this now.
    "Bruce, you have the creepiest smile!"

Quote Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
    Dat Burnham cover doe !

Peep Lincoln March in the background too
    Yeah, that's quite surprising. With Earth 3 Owlman having recently made his New 52 debut, I wasn't sure we'd ever see March again.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Yeah, that's quite surprising. With Earth 3 Owlman having recently made his New 52 debut, I wasn't sure we'd ever see March again.
    I was. I figured that Snyder wouldn't just drop a reveal like that and then never mention it again.

So far, this is what I'm most looking forward to out of the announcements so far. I love a good anniversary issue.

Woah....those line-up's a killer

And yeah, I am really surprised and pleased to see Lincoln March again
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Kay View Post
    I was. I figured that Snyder wouldn't just drop a reveal like that and then never mention it again.
    Ditto. I believe the character was introduced year ago for much more future developments (just like once Damian). He simply needed a break after the NotO.

Really can't wait for the issue from obvious reasons...
    Last edited by Mr. Owl; 10-11-2013 at 03:37 AM.

March working with Bruce? At least it looks that way from the cover, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonecrusher View Post
    March working with Bruce? At least it looks that way from the cover, interesting.
    Honestly at first I've got an impression they're all chasing him. But generally I think the cover simply collects random characters together and probably there's going to be different self-containing stories with each of them. But I would like very much to see these characters interacting.

It'll be interesting to compare this re-telling of "Case of the Chemical Syndicate" with the multiple re-tellings of the same story from Detective #627. The Grant/ Breyfogle version was top-notch - they'll have to go a ways to surpass it.

I think all we are missing in this issue is Grant Morrison. But I don't want to sound greedy, this still sounds excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Kay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Owl View Post
    Ditto. I believe the character was introduced year ago for much more future developments (just like once Damian). He simply needed a break after the NotO.

Really can't wait for the issue from obvious reasons...
    Don't get me wrong, I actually like March's "Owlman," I just wasn't sure if he'd get any play, if it wasn't from Snyder himself. It's the "reveal" that I like about the end of that story; the fact that it's left open, and I hope we never find out the truth. Still hoping for this guy to get an action figure.
    Last edited by ABH-1979; 10-11-2013 at 07:07 AM.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Bat-Rookie CarolinaBatmanFanGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I actually like March's "Owlman," I just wasn't sure if he'd get any play, if it wasn't from Snyder himself. It's the "reveal" that I like about the end of that story; the fact that it's left open, and I hope we never find out the truth. Still hoping for this guy to get an action figure.
    Well idk who March is but maybe Thomas Wayne Jr. Is killed in the upcoming events and he's inspired to take up the mantle and maybe the suit off his corpse? Then again why would he be inspired by a villain? Or is he a villain?
    Check out CBFG's Big Read

Current Series: Wonder Woman

Pulls: Batman, Detective, Batman &, Bat/Sup, JL, Earth 2, Beyond, '66, Eternal, Future's End, ANXF