Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Action Comics, #25

This BATMAN: ZERO YEAR tie-in features the reintroduction of a major character! A cocky young Superman battles the forces of nature to save Gotham City, while a woman from his past tries to do the same thing on a smaller scale. But both are headed for a collision course...

Full article here.

Hells yes. Can't wait for this.

Gotta be a revamped Lori they're talking about...

Nah, DC's blog confirmed it will be Lana.

Infâme et fier de l'ętre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hells yes. Can't wait for this.

Gotta be a revamped Lori they're talking about...
    I know, right?
    I mean, come on! Lana lang is such an obvious answer to the L.L hint that they would never have dared if it was actually her.
    Plus, technically she did appear in the New 52. Just.....not much.
    Aaaand there's the fact that whatever threat's going on right has lots of water in it means it makes sense.
    I'm really pumped up to see Lori again, I'm not sure why.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

From the official DC Comics site:

ACTION COMICS #25 will also serve as the return of fan-favorite character, Lana Lang, who’ll become an integral part of the series moving forward. And in a back-up story written by Pak and illustrated by Scott McDaniel and Aaron Kuder, watch the seeds for issue #26 and this series’ explosive new arc be planted.
    "I love that she’s human. You need that juxtaposed to the perfection of Superman. [Lois] has this absolute loyalty for what is good and just, and it parallels what Superman is." – Erica Durance

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    From the official DC Comics site:

ACTION COMICS #25 will also serve as the return of fan-favorite character, Lana Lang, who’ll become an integral part of the series moving forward. And in a back-up story written by Pak and illustrated by Scott McDaniel and Aaron Kuder, watch the seeds for issue #26 and this series’ explosive new arc be planted.
    Huh, since when is Lana Lang a fan-favorite? She is an important part of the Superman mythos, but a fan-favorite?
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Huh, since when is Lana Lang a fan-favorite? She is an important part of the Superman mythos, but a fan-favorite?
    I thought it was odd phrasing, too. She's not a hated character by any means, but she's not particularly popular.
    "I love that she’s human. You need that juxtaposed to the perfection of Superman. [Lois] has this absolute loyalty for what is good and just, and it parallels what Superman is." – Erica Durance

Quote Originally Posted by torysac58 View Post
    Nah, DC's blog confirmed it will be Lana.
    Really? Very interesting. What could she be involved in that she'd be in a position to "save" Gotham I wonder. Government position?

Also, I'm kinda hoping Red Hood One gets a cameo. At least I'm guessing this takes place before Ace Chemicals.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-10-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Infâme et fier de l'ętre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Really? Very interesting. What could she be involved in that she'd be in a position to "save" Gotham I wonder. Government position?

Also, I'm kinda hoping Red Hood One gets a cameo. At least I'm guessing this takes place before Ace Chemicals.
    A bit young for that, don't you think?
    Considering the mentionning of a "smaller scale", it will probably be some humanitarian thing, or a similar idea.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Default In pak we trust!!!!!

In Pak we trust!!!!! And man, DAT ART!! This is the Superman writer I wanted and this is the Superman I've been missing!!!!

BANNED

Is this arc set five years ago?

Oh wow! This is what I'm talking about! If only Pak could always stick with the younger Supes and make Action Comics set permanently in the past.

Default Have you accepted Greg Pak into your life?

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Oh wow! This is what I'm talking about! If only Pak could always stick with the younger Supes and make Action Comics set permanently in the past.
    I a large part of me agrees with you, but I guess if Pak can just keep in mind that Superman is a rougher, tougher, alpha male in the new 52 regardless of time (maybe a BIT more tempered over time) then I'll be fine.

And I have faith in him to do so because he's been very good about sticking to the concept that Grant started in 1-18 of Action and on top of that he also adds in his on feel to it that feels very organic. But one of my main reasons for giving him the benefit of the doubt is his Darkseid issue. There Pak explains why these weaker less powerful new 52 heroes could actually beat back Darkseid himself. It was because they were they were so raw and brash and a little bit crazy. Pak seems to understand the whole idea behind this new Superman very well.

But....then again...nothing beats Superman in a tee shirt and jeans jumping around with a giant grin on his face

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I a large part of me agrees with you, but I guess if Pak can just keep in mind that Superman is a rougher, tougher, alpha male in the new 52 regardless of time (maybe a BIT more tempered over time) then I'll be fine.

And I have faith in him to do so because he's been very good about sticking to the concept that Grant started in 1-18 of Action and on top of that he also adds in his on feel to it that feels very organic. But one of my main reasons for giving him the benefit of the doubt is his Darkseid issue. There Pak explains why these weaker less powerful new 52 heroes could actually beat back Darkseid himself. It was because they were they were so raw and brash and a little bit crazy. Pak seems to understand the whole idea behind this new Superman very well.

But....then again...nothing beats Superman in a tee shirt and jeans jumping around with a giant grin on his face
    I can settle for that. I've just been so impressed with his work especially his characterization of a young Clark. It truly feels like a continuation of the ideas or at least the the atmosphere of Morrison's work. Wholeheartedly agree with you on your last sentence!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    In Pak we trust!!!!! And man, DAT ART!! This is the Superman writer I wanted and this is the Superman I've been missing!!!!
    I have to disagree with you about Aaron Kuder's artwork. I loathe his pencilled feel with his artwork and the colouring in the preview was atrocious. Another dislike for me is the Asian looking characters he draws-Aaron Kuder the reason I am not going to purchase Action Comics. The Superman books are and have been terrible for over two years, Superman is a great character and deserves better than the mob DC have put on the books.