Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Recommand me a good anime with mechas

I don't want one that is really long.

FLCL is really short just 6 ep IIRC. It is also insane. Not sure if you are a fan of that kind of stuff. All the other mecha stuff I can think of is at least 25ish episodes and I don't know if that's what you'd classify as too long.
    't

Depends on how you define 'long'. Are you talking about anime that runs for longer than 26 episodes? If so, then you probably wouldn't sit through Eureka Seven, Dan Senki Wars, Code Geass or the Gundam and Macross series. Otherwise, the anime that I would recommend are Gurren Lagann, Rahxephon, Star Driver, Valvrave the Liberator, Asura Cryin', Evangelion, Linebarrels of Iron(though you'll probably be annoyed at the main character for the first five episodes) and Demonbane.

a lot of good ones are long

How long is Gundam 08th MS Team? 12 eps? That's a good one.

Gundam 0080 (6 eps) is also good.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Kakumeiki Valvrave aka Valvrave the Liberator just had first season finish - 12 eps but expect a new season soon enough and it was brilliant.
    Suisei no Gargantia - 13 episodes
    Soukou no Strain - 13 episodes, space drama with time hops and all sorts of cool
    Innocent Venus - 12 episodes, dark gritty with lots of sadness
    Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse - 25 episodes but totall worth the time invested
    Super Mobile Legend Dinagiga - 2 eps... ok not brilliant but for 2 eps it's great enough
    Flag - 6 episodes.... Actually haven't finished watching this but it is very good

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Kakumeiki Valvrave aka Valvrave the Liberator just had first season finish - 12 eps but expect a new season soon enough and it was brilliant.
    Valvrave S1 was 12 eps? For some reason I kept thinking it was 26. Anyway, S2 just started. (Not a huge fan of the mech designs TBH, but it's watchable.)

Suisei no Gargantia - 13 episodes
    Surprisingly, this is also getting a second season (the story seemed pretty much finished). It had good music and a cool mech.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Macross Plus might be a good idea; it's basically more self-contained than the other Macross shows and video series. There are two versions, an OAV which is four parts and a movie which features some cuts and changes to the plotline but is mostly the same animation.

Basically it deals with two test pilots-former friends, now bitter rivals-each testing what will become the next generation Valkyrie (Transforming fighter). However once their former female friend arrives-the programmer of an advanced AI holographic idol pop star-things get even more complicated.

If you're familiar with all with ROBOTECH, Macross BTW is the original Japanese version of the first part of it (It's complicated).

The Gundam OAVs are also fairly short, as mentioned in this thread. From a visual standpoint, 0083 is the flashiest and most epic, and the most mired in continuity, as it's a 'inbetweenquel' between the first two Gundam series. 0080 and 08th Ms team are more self-contained. There's also some other Gundam OAVs but they either require some knowledge of the series (Endless Waltz) or I haven't seen them to really recommend them (Gundam Unicorn, the extra SEED stuff etc.)
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-13-2013 at 11:38 AM.

G Gundam.
    *tenchars.*
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Gundam 08th MS team (12 episodes).
    Gundam Unicorn (seven episodes 45 minutes to and hour each, but it's not finished).
    Code Geass (two 25 episode seasons).
    Gundam 00 (two 25 episode seasons plus a movie).
    Macross Plus (four part OVA).
    The Rebuild of Evangelion films (3 currently releases, with one more in development).

Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    Valvrave S1 was 12 eps? For some reason I kept thinking it was 26. Anyway, S2 just started. (Not a huge fan of the mech designs TBH, but it's watchable.)
    Just the 12 for season 1 and THANK YOU for the info that Season 2 has already started!

Surprisingly, this is also getting a second season (the story seemed pretty much finished). It had good music and a cool mech.
    An even bigger THANK YOU for this news... Can't wait.

To OP can I ask why you are interested specifically in shorter seasons of mecha?
    "They can try, but no one's gonna care." Legendary Quote by MartinRedmond

Top of my list of Mecha shows would be Evangelion, Nadesico, Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Big O, Bubblegum Crisis and Escaflowne none of which are short tho.

First ep of season 2 for Valvrave was great!
    "They can try, but no one's gonna care." Legendary Quote by MartinRedmond

BANNED

Thanks for the suggestions.