Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default NYCC EXCLUSIVE: Wood & Simone Combine "Conan" and "Red Sonja"

Dynamite Entertainment and Dark Horse Comics join forces to bring Conan the Barbarian and Red Sonja together in a crossover series written by Gail Simone and Brian Wood.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Dynamite Entertainment and Dark Horse Comics join forces to bring Conan the Barbarian and Red Sonja together in a crossover series written by Gail Simone and Brian Wood.

Full article here.
    Just so I have my head on straight.

Isn't there a Red Sonya who was created by Conan's author while Marvel created a Red Sonja through work for hire by roy Thomas in the comic world of Conan while marvel had the license for Conan. Then somewhere Marvel simply just let go of Red Sonja's rights or at least they never renewed their claim to the character.
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post

Full article here.
    This sounds really interesting. I like the crossover idea with Simont's Sonja in a different adventure. I wonder if Dynamite and Dark Horse will do more of this type thing now that Dynamite is selling their comics on the Dark Horse site. It is the kind of thing that will give both exposure.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Wish this crossed over with Truman's King Conan as a flashback.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Quote Originally Posted by stewart48 View Post
    Just so I have my head on straight.

Isn't there a Red Sonya who was created by Conan's author while Marvel created a Red Sonja through work for hire by roy Thomas in the comic world of Conan while marvel had the license for Conan. Then somewhere Marvel simply just let go of Red Sonja's rights or at least they never renewed their claim to the character.
    From my understanding, yes. My understanding of this confusing point comes from this article (link).

I am loving Simone's Red Sonja so I can't wait for this! I think it'll be interesting to compare this book to Wonder Woman Superman. See how the authors approach the male/female team up with basically gendered counterparts of each other. Arguments could be easily made that superman is just a male wonder woman and red sonja is just a female conan, and vice versa.

Yay! I just posted yesterday about wanting this :D

This is actually really cool. Wish they would have announced an art team though.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I looked up the Howard version of Sonja too and wouldn't mind seeing that character be adapted as well as the Swordswoman...