Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default NIGHTWING #24 Preview/Discussion

Who gets the last laugh? The Prankster vs. Nightwing!

Full preview here.

Looks good to me

How long has Will Conrad been on art?
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

This is his third issue on art.
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

Well that's disappointing. The Prankster's actual goal being simple revenge, what a letdown.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Looking forward to this issue. I've enjoyed the prankster as a villain for Nightwing. Enjoying Conrads art.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    Well that's disappointing. The Prankster's actual goal being simple revenge, what a letdown.
    Ah, but you're missing the BEST revelation in that preview!

Spoiler:

The Mayor DIDN'T steal the money the Prankster's trying to get him to admit to! Hence, it's a prank - I was SO hoping they'd go that way!

I'm looking forward to this. 'Simple revenge' or not, I'm finding the Prankster revamp fascinating.
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

Higgins best arc yet but I'm looking forward to after this arc and Nightwing's problems during the Forever Evil event and how Higgins handles that.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "Tt..You can't just build a boat and hope darkness magically sails away with it."

"Why not? It's my boat."

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    Higgins best arc yet but I'm looking forward to after this arc and Nightwing's problems during the Forever Evil event and how Higgins handles that.
    There's a one-shot issue in December that brings Dick up to the start of FE, IIRC.

Forever Evil has another three (?) months to run from that point - other titles will jump to Post FE upon its conclusion.

I'm wondering if Nightwing will go Full Tie In for the last three months of the event.

A- I really hope that Prankster makes it out alive. For Dick to have a good rouges gallery, they need to survive to fight another day (Saiko and Grandpa Talon could both be good reused in my humble opinion). Prankster is too good to loose after only one arc.

B- So excited about this issue. This has been a fantastic arc. Look forward to reading from 19 to 24 on Wednesday. Villains month made us wait too long for this.

C- I look forward to seeing how FE will be handled in this title as well. We have a Zero Year "tie in" before the one shot (so we're still three months out from seeing if we he a true crossover). Any idea of when the annual is supposed to be set in regards to FE?
    Pull list: NIGHTWING, Forever Evil, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-men, Amazing X-men, Batman

The Annual is still set before FE. It looks to be set after Nightwing and Batgirl's current arcs. Is this week's Batgirl the conclusion of her current arc as well? If it is then it Annual lined up nicely. Also given that the Prankster is seen in FE it looks like he makes it out alive.

I'm glad that people are enjoying the arc as much as they are, but while the arc was an improvement over what we've had I don't know if it won me over as much as everyone else. Never could get interested in Zucco's story and the Prankster all that much. I'm more excited to see how FE effects the book to be honest, but we will have to wait until Jan for that it seems.

I think it was a nice twist for the Prankster motive. It seems like something you would not expect.

Hopefully Zucco stays for some reason I want him to still be in NW. Higgins is doing a great job since he started and when he had freedom...yay. Conrad is beasting on the art as well. I like Red NW more than Blue NW now.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Zucco needs to die again. He got Dick to Chicago, and gave the story its "twist", but Zucco's tale still has to end the same. With death. It keeps things resolved.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-07-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punter23 View Post
    I think it was a nice twist for the Prankster motive. It seems like something you would not expect.

Hopefully Zucco stays for some reason I want him to still be in NW. Higgins is doing a great job since he started and when he had freedom...yay. Conrad is beasting on the art as well. I like Red NW more than Blue NW now.
    Still prefer the Blue (just too much red in the Batfam) but if they got rid of the red bit under his eye on the mask I'd have no complaints. It's just so distracting. >_>