Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Dynamite Teases Greg Pak's "Terror" Fueled Event Comic

In an exclusive reveal at Dynamite Entertainment's first teaser for its New York Comic Con announcements, the publisher pre-announces Greg Pak's new project, hinting only that "The Terrors Return..."

Full article here.

BANNED

Oh damn at first I thought it was just another one of the many marvel teasers

Do we get Rampaging Hulk back?
    I guess reading is fundamental. And I need more fundamentals!
    Last edited by KraziJoe; 10-07-2013 at 07:26 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KraziJoe View Post
    Do we get Rampaging Hulk back?
    It's dynimite comics

I was thinking Fin Fang Foom or Abomination at first. Then I read it was from Dynamite, so now I'm thinking Green Hornet or Jade.
    In war the elders may give the orders, but it's the young who have to fight.

No ideas on this really. My first thought was a new Black Terror book, but the fact that its green with scales in the background doesnt really gel. Also says terror"s".

Unless its just a new cretor owned project from Pak. But "Terrors Return" makes it sound the the revival of an old property.

I must assume it might be Gorgo, since IDW already has the Godzilla license.
    Show me a bitter nazi and I'll show you a sour kraut.

Check out my gallery at :http://r-gonz.deviantart.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I must assume it might be Gorgo, since IDW already has the Godzilla license.
    F~~K Yeah! That would be some kick ass shit right there
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jf9lQ7OvRYY

Could be gamera of course too but most don't associate terror with gamera with him being a hero 90% of the time

Comics buff TheRetroVideoGameAddict's Avatar

Why Dynamite wastes time and effort on meaningless stuff like this bewilders me as most of DE's fans want Project Superpowers back or more pulp related projects....

My faith in Dynamite dwindles almost daily as I hold onto the terrific pulp stuff they produce. Almost every time they stray from what they do best the sales and orders are in the toilet for those projects.
    Reading Dynamite pulp titles and Dark Horse superhero books.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
    Why Dynamite wastes time and effort on meaningless stuff like this bewilders me as most of DE's fans want Project Superpowers back or more pulp related projects....

My faith in Dynamite dwindles almost daily as I hold onto the terrific pulp stuff they produce. Almost every time they stray from what they do best the sales and orders are in the toilet for those projects.
    Yeah...Isnt diversity just the worst thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Yeah...Isnt diversity just the worst thing ever.
    Well, when diversity means low orders and sales.....yes.

Look at projects such as Uncanny, Red Team, After Earth, Hack/Slash/Eva, Nowhere Man, Thun'Da, Peter Cannon, Pantha, Bionic Man, and many other comics they've produced that have failed to find their market compared to the pulp comics and the Project Superpowers series that garner all the conversation on the web. They've played around and found their groove, not it's time to expand that and not waste time and money on books that nobody will buy.

Look at projects such as Uncanny, Red Team, After Earth, Hack/Slash/Eva, Nowhere Man, Thun'Da, Peter Cannon, Pantha, Bionic Man, and many other comics they've produced that have failed to find their market compared to the pulp comics and the Project Superpowers series that garner all the conversation on the web. They've played around and found their groove, not it's time to expand that and not waste time and money on books that nobody will buy.
    uncanny and red team are some of dynamites best written books

Quote Originally Posted by mar1 View Post
    uncanny and red team are some of dynamites best written books
    And I totally understand that, but who's reading them? That's the problem. They aren't ordered in bulk and there is no buzz about them, so unless Dynamite is making money on these books somewhere/somehow than I fail to see the point in publishing what isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
    Well, when diversity means low orders and sales.....yes.

Like The Spider?

Letterer

Uncanny #1 sold out and went to a second printing, as did The Mocking Dead #1 and Red Sonja #1. Bionic Man was a strong seller when it first launched with Kevin Smith's scripts. The Boys sold consistently well. Some books find an audience, some don't. It's the same for all publishers.

Also, it's ridiculous to start calling this new launch "meaningless stuff" when you don't even know what it is yet.