Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Rocket Girl, #1

A teenage cop from a high-tech future is sent back in time to 1986 New York City. Dayoung Johansson is investigating the Quintum Mechanics megacorporation for crimes against time. As she pieces together the clues, she discovers the "future" she calls home - an alternate reality version of 2013 - shouldn't exist at all!
    Blast off with the new ongoing series by BRANDON MONTCLARE (Halloween Eve) and Eisner Award nominee AMY REEDER (Batwoman, Madame Xanadu).

Full article here.

This looks cool. I ordered a copy yesterday, and I regret not getting in on the signed copies awhile back.

Looks like it could be a fun series. I ordered a copy last Wednesday, so hopefully my store will have #1 in stock. Looking forward to it.
    Reviews
    Top 5 Marvel: Daredevil, SSM, Avengers Undercover, ANFX, Black Widow | Top 5 DC: Green Arrow, ST, Batman, RL, Phantom Stranger

i'm not sure if i'm going to continue on with this one, i have the next two issues on pre-order so it might still change my mind. it's not that it was bad or anything, i thought the art was great, but i guess it's just not my thing.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    i'm not sure if i'm going to continue on with this one, i have the next two issues on pre-order so it might still change my mind. it's not that it was bad or anything, i thought the art was great, but i guess it's just not my thing.
    The art is what ultimately got me to pick it up. The story doesn't sound too compelling to me, but I figure its worth giving most new Image books a shot.

I thought this was alright. Great art (anyone remember Reeder from Madame Xanadu? the first arc of that was classic Vertigo), although harsher lines than I've seen from her in the past, which I was less into. The story and dialogue was less compelling to me. Hmm, I'm undecided whether to continue with this one.

Read it!

It was good art wise, but the story was just okay. It's going to really need to step it up if it wants to keep the audience invested.

Also, did anyone else get a manga vibe from the comic?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Read it!

It was good art wise, but the story was just okay. It's going to really need to step it up if it wants to keep the audience invested.

Also, did anyone else get a manga vibe from the comic?
    You read my mind and posted what I wanted to post. I guess the general consensus is that the art was great but the story didnt seem that interesting.
    Hopefully it gets better.

Pretty much agree with what everyone else said. Wasn't interested in the series to begin with but flipped through and the art looked decent. Didn't care for the story enough to make room on my current list.