Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Well to answer your question, there's the uptight continuity geeks who get SERIOUSLY bent out of shape if one doesn't follow the very convoluted and ever changing DC history for something that should be consistent and simple.

But for many lay readers, who don't go apoplectic and crap out diamonds that were previously coal due to being so freaked at taking this stuff too seriously, they tend to keep it simple and unofficially go:

Earth Prime: The main DCU Earth
    Earth 1: The graphic novel Earth
    Earth 2: The next generation Justice Society Earth
    Earth 3: The Crime Syndicate Earth

Etc, etc, etc.
    So in other words, people can just make up whatever they want. Of course, if they wanted to do that, they probably wouldn't get on a message board and ask the question of how it officially works.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    So in other words, people can just make up whatever they want.

Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

we've also got earth 23 with president superman from action comics #9
    I Collect 40 ongoing Monthly Titles.
    29 from DC and 11 from Marvel

Wow, I just got more confused, why couldn't DC just release an official statement...

As far as the main earth goes they did release an official statement.It's designated the Prime Earth.( Although I feel they should have chosen something less confusing for multiverse newbies)

As far as the rest of the multiverse goes, it was New Earth (now known as the Prime Earth), and earth 2-51,with 52 Earths total. We don't officially know if there are still just 52 earths, but until we are told otherwise it's best to assume that is still the setup.

They haven't released any statements because they want to see what their various writers come up with.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.