Default Is the opposite of Batman nihilism?

I just recently rewatched Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths and found something I thought was interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tag9Pm3qtA
    If Earth three's inhabitants are essentially "opposites" of Earth Prime, then does that mean the opposite of Batman and his personality equal the nihilistic and agnostic persona of Owlman?

I would have thought that nihilism would be the opposite of Superman, who has faith and whose hope defines him. But do you agree that it's fitting to be the counterpart of Batman?

Batman's not a nihilist and he doesn't lack faith or hope.

Batman's a superhero. He's a superhero who loves deputizing other superheroes and joining superhero teams and, in general, saving the day.

He likes to deputize little boys and little girls

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Batman's not a nihilist and he doesn't lack faith or hope.

Batman's a superhero. He's a superhero who loves deputizing other superheroes and joining superhero teams and, in general, saving the day.
    So you're agreeing with him. He says the opposite of Batman is nihilism

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Derp View Post
    So you're agreeing with him. He says the opposite of Batman is nihilism
    Yeah. That's what I was doing. Not, um, misreading the OP at all.

Yes, Barry Allen 123, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Allen123 View Post
    I would have thought that nihilism would be the opposite of Superman, who has faith and whose hope defines him. But do you agree that it's fitting to be the counterpart of Batman?
    Batman and Superman have very similar ideologies when written correctly.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Allen123 View Post
    If Earth three's inhabitants are essentially "opposites" of Earth Prime, then does that mean the opposite of Batman and his personality equal the nihilistic and agnostic persona of Owlman?
    I think Batman and Owlman were depicted as essentially the same, but opposite in degree more than actual outlook; they were certainly much closer to each other than any of the other Earth Prime characters. This Batman is likely not afraid to use some pretty questionable tactics as long as his JLA buddies are not right there watching him, and they recognize that Batman 'gets' to do the more practical crimefighting things.

Owlman is much the same way, but untempered by Batman's mercy and compassion. I would not so much say that nihilism would be an outgrowth of someone who lacks faith, but rather that it stems from the inability of Owlman to create meaning in his life through an internal process of rather than being informed by a moral code derived from sources outside himself.

Or it could be simply that Owlman is driven mad by the confirmation of parallel worlds. It's an idea I've seen a few times in science fiction stories: once a person realizes that each and every choice they ever COULD make, one of their parallels DID make that choice. They feel every choice they ever agonized over and regretted or cherished, is now worthless, and the universe is meaningless.
    Superhero prose fiction: Corrupts Absolutely?, Heroics, more suggestions at Superheronovels.com

I'd say Batzarro is more the opposite than Owlman is.

He's talkative, friendly, uses guns, and kills people inc rime alley so he can solve the mystery of who did it (and has yet to solve it.)
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.