Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Kill La Kill

Well the final episode did not disappoint but I am sad. I enjoyed this show way more than I thought I would and now it's all over but I'm more sad about Senketsu dying.

Okay so I should probably be interested in Ryuko's SSJ form, but all I can think of is Gagamori is a Gunmen.

Sigh, satisfying ending, kinda bummed the shows over.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Poor, awesome Gamagoori. No matter how big a bat you get for Mako, she swings for the other team.

Was hoping for a final Satsuki blinding shine, but I'll take a teary orbital reentry catch.

Short haired Satsuki wearing actual non Kamui clothes MORE THAN made up for it

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Well... that was amazing.

Like legitimately amazing.

Gamagori totally had the best moments for me. Between being all "BITCH YOUR ABSOLUTE DOMINATION AIN'T SHIT TO ME I'M THE DISCIPLINARY CHAIRMAN!" and turning into a Gunman to save the world (almost), he totally rocked this episode.

Also, that "legitimately amazing," description pretty much sums up the entire series. This was just so much goddamn fun! I could gush for quite few paragraphs about moments I enjoyed throughout the whole show and how Satsuki is arguably one of my favourite characters ever now and Trigger did really, really well matching, and I would say exceeding, the hype that surrounded Gurren Lagann. I think I prefer this to Gurren Lagann since it was just kind of more fun, GL was great but it got a bit bogged down in the melodrama and I didn't like any of the characters as much I as I liked Satsuki, Mako and the Elite Four.

So many naked people at the end. XD

I look forward to Trigger's next project, I will watch it.

Also, short haired Satsuki is amazing.

Also, also, I don't count out Gamagori/Mako yet. My headcanon is that she's bi and she'll come around to noticing the giant awesome senpai she has in time.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Also, that "legitimately amazing," description pretty much sums up the entire series. This was just so much goddamn fun! I could gush for quite few paragraphs about moments I enjoyed throughout the whole show and how Satsuki is arguably one of my favourite characters ever now and Trigger did really, really well matching, and I would say exceeding, the hype that surrounded Gurren Lagann. I think I prefer this to Gurren Lagann since it was just kind of more fun, GL was great but it got a bit bogged down in the melodrama and I didn't like any of the characters as much I as I liked Satsuki, Mako and the Elite Four.
    For me, where this surpasses Gurren lagann is:

1) It's WTFery is more legitimately earned. It's a more even build from "insanely powerful student council" to "DBZ fight in space to save the planet."

2) Not just better or more enjoyable characters, but the characters have more more personality, backstory, and legitimate character arcs. I think only Simon and Rossieu had anything like that in Gurren Lagann. And... I guess Viral, but he seems to just have more of a sudden face turn halfway through. Gamagoori alone is a more complex character, with an actual backgroiund and arc than ... honestly than most Anime main characters.

3) It's better structured and paced.

4) It has more complex themes and actually explores. them. Yeah. I know. For the show about stripping and fighting and blood.

Anyhow, I could seriously watch a 13 or 26 episode slice of life show about these characters. I really could.

Also, also, I don't count out Gamagori/Mako yet. My headcanon is that she's bi and she'll come around to noticing the giant awesome senpai she has in time.
    Mako Mankanshoko rejects such notions as limiting her. :)
    "Until all are one."

Well, that was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen.

...I'm talking about this whole anime.

THE ENTIRE THING!

I think I prefer this to Gurren Lagann since it was just kind of more fun, GL was great but it got a bit bogged down in the melodrama and I didn't like any of the characters as much I as I liked Satsuki, Mako and the Elite Four.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeoman
    For me, where this surpasses Gurren lagann is:

1) It's WTFery is more legitimately earned. It's a more even build from "insanely powerful student council" to "DBZ fight in space to save the planet."

2) Not just better or more enjoyable characters, but the characters have more more personality, backstory, and legitimate character arcs. I think only Simon and Rossieu had anything like that in Gurren Lagann. And... I guess Viral, but he seems to just have more of a sudden face turn halfway through. Gamagoori alone is a more complex character, with an actual backgroiund and arc than ... honestly than most Anime main characters.

3) It's better structured and paced.

4) It has more complex themes and actually explores. them. Yeah. I know. For the show about stripping and fighting and blood.
    For me this surpassed TTGL when they started having super-powered swordfights.

I'm a simple man that way.
    Last edited by Ghost; 03-31-2014 at 06:24 AM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

ALL! OF! THE! AWESOME!

It was glorious. Everything about this show was glorious and the finale delivered on all of it. I just loved how they just flew into space at the end because why the hell not. Trigger somehow made the progression from brawls between high schoolers with battle uniform to epic space battles while the earth is being covered by sentient cloth feel perfectly natural. And that is awesome.

The music and animation have been just a spectacular treat every single time. Ambiguous is one of my new favourite songs.

And the characters, oh the characters. Ryuko is a fun and awesome protagonist who goes with the flow and kicks ass when needed. Mako has set a new standard for comic relief sidekick characters in terms of pure awesomeness and relevance to the story. There is little left to say about Satsuki and the Elite Four that hasn't already been said. They're awesome. Ragyo was a delightfully wicked bad guy and I appreciated how she ended things on her own terms. Pretty much every other character was also just great.

I will not miss the series. Just eagerly anticipate the day when I can get my hands on the DVD.
    In my headcanon Ryuko, Mako, Satsuki and the Elite Four are all together in a polyamorous relationship.

And yes. Short haired Satsuki with normal clothes is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by yeoman View Post
    Anyhow, I could seriously watch a 13 or 26 episode slice of life show about these characters. I really could.
    Me too.

The finale was awesome and touching. I'm really going to miss this show, It's good that it ended on a high note.

Ryuko and Senketu's final conversation and Everyone catching Ryuko at the end were touching scenes. The epilogue during the ending was nice, I didn't think seeing Satsuki with short hair would make me smile so much.

I hear there's going to be an OVA in September, it's going to be about Graduation day.
    A.A.A

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion87 View Post
    I hear there's going to be an OVA in September, it's going to be about Graduation day.
    I assume/hope that means a giant battle royal amongst all the students. Cause that would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    For those interested, it looks like we got a new Abridged series:

It's actually funny. Huzzah!