Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Kill La Kill

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

And then Ragyo rewrote her memories.

The sting of her regaining herself is going to probably be worse than the stuff than she's endured up to now.
    Starlancer Flight: Morgan Valentine

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX2000 View Post
    At no point did I sueggest that Ryuko's breakdown wasn't entirely understandable. It totally is. She's a teenager that has had almost everything she's ever known upended in a short period of time, and just about everything else all at once while having her heart ripped out of her chest. Anyone would be traumatized by that.

A great hero, however, needs to be more than just understandable. A hero needs to be impressive.

Ryuko has shown some impressive qualities in the past, and received some character development. She then threw it all out the window in episode 20. Senketsu is my friend? I am never wearing him again. Mako is trying to speech some sense into me? Ignore her despite the numerous times her doing this has pulled my fat out of the fire. Anger clouding my better judgment again? Let it rage. She regressed to a hurt, confused thug blessed with far greater power than she was fit to wield, and was duly taken down with ease by the villains.

All this does not make her a bad protaganist. It does however make the gulf between her and Satsuki even wider than it already was.
    What I'm saying is that they have different tools for dealing with things and it just happens that Satsuki's way of shutting away her emotions is better for her situation (having to start over in hostile territory) than Ryuko's way of going with the flow and her guts is for her situation (having everything she thought about herself, including her humanity, turned upside down).

Does that make Satsuki more impressive than Ryuko? In some ways, yeah. But I'd say that their situations aren't eXactly equal.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm okay with Ryuko having a breakdown because it means we're going to get the scene I've wanted since this series introduced Ragyo as a character.

Satsuki and Ryuko are having a battle, kind of reminiscent of the Berserker Battle and Satsuki is giving an epic type speech as she's duelling.

Satsuki: "When did you become so weak Matoi? When did you allow yourself to be controlled by clothing? Wasn't the source of your strength working with your friend Senketsu? Aren't you tired of being dominated by Junketsu? When are you going to stand up and fight?!"

*Ryuko capitalises and gets her blade to Satsuki's throat and goes to finish*

*Ryuko stops her blade just sort of Satsuki and roars through gritted teeth*

Ryuko: "SHUT YOUR MOUTH KIRYUIN SATSUKI!"

Soundtrack: DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAAAAAY!!

*Ryuko tears herself out of Junketsu and THE TEAM IS REUNITED!*
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Well, I watched episode 21 - first one in a while where I couldn't place the song title. That was fun while it lasted.

So.... everything before the opening credits....

Well, Ragyou seems to treat her kids equally? I think that's the best I can say. Or to put it another way, I think's she trying to pass Precia Testarossa as the worst mother in anime.

And Nui? Wow. I almost want them to keep that up for the rest of the series, if for no other reason than Ryuko can use it to mess with Satsuki's head.

I do think that the fact that Nui's life fibers do not actually cooperate with other life fibers will be a plot point later.

Junketsu - does not seem to be independently intelligent as Senketsu, or intelligent at all, to be honest. On the other hand, it was clearly made to warp someone into an obedient servant to Ragyou and the life fibers. That's kinda neat, and shows a difference in philosophy of the makers. The explanation for the skimpiness of the outfits was kinda weird, but makes sense.

I love how the Elite 4 and Mako are making themselves stay relevant, to say nothing of Mako's Fresh Blood Punch. And we get a return of the Sea of Stars.

Oddest comment I saw on the episode was that the Life Fiber Craft looks a bit like a member of the Space Terrible Monster Crowd.
    Last edited by Melchior; 03-07-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

So, Ryuko is a good kisser, huh?

Well, that's something.

Nice plan from Satsuki. She and the Elite 4 are the best. Also, damn Sanageyama is tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    Well, I watched episode 21 - first one in a while where I couldn't place the song title. That was fun while it lasted.

So.... everything before the opening credits....

Well, Ragyou seems to treat her kids equally? I think that's the best I can say. Or to put it another way, I think's she trying to pass Precia Testarossa as the worst mother in anime.
    Trying? Trying? I think she left Precia in teh dust a long ways back.
    "Until all are one."

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The Four Devas were easily the highlight of this episode.

Though, I personally count Mako as the Fifth Deva, she was also crazy awesome in this episode.

And... of course, because it would be remiss of me to not mention it... I fucking love Satsuki.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Huh, that went slightly different from what I expected. Which is nice.

Mako was totally the star here just tossing herself straight into battles which are way over her head and actually making a difference through the strength of her persona.

Cudos to Satsuki for being able to hold her own against Nui without a kamui.

And dear lordy lord that is a lot of blood there at the end.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Meanwhile, Satsuki continues to be the best.

Step it up, Ryuko.
    Starlancer Flight: Morgan Valentine

Did anyone else laugh out loud when Mako got sucked in along with Senketsu into Junketsu? Awesome buildup and then...WAHHH!

Did anyone else laugh out loud when Mako got sucked in along with Senketsu into Junketsu? Awesome buildup and then...WAHHH!
    Didn't laugh as much as I did chuckle. All that tension evaporating in an instant. Silly Mako, why don't you get more screen-time?

My pet theory is that Mako is actually pretty powerful, but is very disinclined to do combat herself. The power she got out of her Fight Club suit was way more than any displayed before by a 2-star, hell even some of the 3-star suits. Plus the money-bullet catching and intercepting Ryuko on multiple occasions, once before Satsuki could attack, all give her impressive feats.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

My pet theory is that Mako is actually pretty powerful, but is very disinclined to do combat herself. The power she got out of her Fight Club suit was way more than any displayed before by a 2-star, hell even some of the 3-star suits. Plus the money-bullet catching and intercepting Ryuko on multiple occasions, once before Satsuki could attack, all give her impressive feats.
    She slaps an out of control Ryuko to normal without an suit.

Can you imagine the insanity that would result if she actually got an Kamui of her own?
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Just finished getting caught up with all the episodes so far, the show is a lot of fun to watch. The comedy, action, and character interactions are great.

Satsuki and Mako are my favorite characters.
    A.A.A

Quote Originally Posted by yeoman View Post
    Trying? Trying? I think she left Precia in teh dust a long ways back.
    I cannot help but imagine the two meeting for tea while complaining about how their kids don't appreciate all the things they do to them. For them. They meant "for them". Really.
    Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight