Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Yeah, i personally enjoyed Bane in this game. When you go in his hideout, you can see that he's smart enough to do science. He also discovered Batman identity.
    Magneto, Cyke, Gambit, Psylocke, Green Arrow, Punisher, Winter Soldier, Sinestro.

Cyclops was right.
    Green Arrow is the best book on the market

I agree with those that say this game is being unfairly slammed. This is actually a better story than the other two games in my opinion...especially with the insanity of the Joker explored in a way that it wasn't in the others. And Bane was far better written as well. Also the boss fights were pretty cool and pretty different...beating Deathstroke is not the same way you beat Firefly or Deadshot. I think these game guides are prepared to dislike something and they just stick to the narrative.

The Joker/Red Hood sequence is worth the price of the game! Starting off with a Joker Combat sequence with "The Thieving Magpie" playing. Heath Ledger said he based some of his Joker on Alex from A Clockwork Orange. That song was used in that film. There was a nice little connection in my mind. Then the slow descent into madness and a cool tribute to The Killing Joke. Followed by Dr. Harleen Quinzel's session analyzing the Joker. And poor Harley thinking the Joker was talking about her when he was describing his new soul mate when in reality he's talking about the Batman. Too awesome.
    Last edited by Robotman4; 10-30-2013 at 03:48 AM.

I'm all but certain Troy Baker was pulling double duty when he did Joker and Joker as Black Mask. Man, with this, Bioshock Infinite and The Last Of Us he's really had a banner year for voice acting.

I'm working my way through the story and I'm about to face Bane at the hotel. I'm a little worried that the campaign feels like it's about to wrap up soon. Most of the assassin's were either a let down or dealt with way too easily. Copperhead was a key example. All her hype and build up and she gets a lame hallucination scene and an average fight scene.

Yeah Batman is like the terminator in this game he just barrels through all the assasins and then they run away licking their wounds. Only Bane really kept his hype and that's only because he was always going to end up a big dumb brute at the end of the story.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

I was more than a little bummed that Deathstroke didnt play a larger role, but his bossfight is the best in franchise history IMO.

Plus, playing as him in the challenge maps in his Judas Contract outfit is a childhood dream come true.

My major complaint with the previous games was the real lack of bossfights, and this game nailed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pksoze View Post
    I agree with those that say this game is being unfairly slammed. This is actually a better story than the other two games in my opinion...especially with the insanity of the Joker explored in a way that it wasn't in the others. And Bane was far better written as well. Also the boss fights were pretty cool and pretty different...beating Deathstroke is not the same way you beat Firefly or Deadshot. I think these game guides are prepared to dislike something and they just stick to the narrative.
    I agree, especially that last line. All I read in the runup to this game is "journalists" preparing to be disappointed, and they all wanted so badly to be right that they slanted their review unfairly. Its a great sequel to a great game.

I just finished the main story, and that game was great. Characterization was perfect for pretty much every character, storyline was much better and more gripping then the previous games, lots of cool comic references, great boss fights, etc. No idea what the negative reviews are about, the game was a solid 9/10 for me. Arkham City had better atmosphere and detail, but this game is pretty damn close overall.

Oh also (highlight for spoilers): What was the post-credits scene with Deathstroke supposed to mean? Are they planning on making a suicide squad game or something?
    Last edited by YMCMB; 10-30-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Wingnut View Post
    I was more than a little bummed that Deathstroke didnt play a larger role, but his bossfight is the best in franchise history IMO.

Plus, playing as him in the challenge maps in his Judas Contract outfit is a childhood dream come true.

My major complaint with the previous games was the real lack of bossfights, and this game nailed them.
    So the deathstroke add on is worth the price? I was looking at those today.

I'm pretty casual in my gameplay so I've just finished infiltrating gcpd and so far it's a blast.

I absolutely love the Mad Love, Killing Joke, Knightfall references in the game. Honestly, its some of the coolest parts in these games. I'm at Firefly right now and I'm roughly 15 hours in. Can't wait to play some more later

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    So the deathstroke add on is worth the price? I was looking at those today.

I'm pretty casual in my gameplay so I've just finished infiltrating gcpd and so far it's a blast.
    Did your copy of the game not come with the Deathstroke challenge pack included in the case? Mine did, and I'm not sure if I just got a lucky copy or if everyone got this...

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Just wanna let you guys know you can get your Season Pass Gaslight and Brightest Day skins from the psn store now. You have to search Batman: AO. It won't be in the main screens.
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

I'm getting the game today and was wondering what everyone's favorite skin is? Also, can you use them from the start without cheats or do you have to finish story mode first?
    "I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler."--Jack "King" Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by Brannon View Post
    I'm getting the game today and was wondering what everyone's favorite skin is? Also, can you use them from the start without cheats or do you have to finish story mode first?
    To use the skins in the main game, you need to complete the story first. Otherwise, you can use any of the skins in the challenge maps. I'm a big fan of the Adam West costume.

We still haven't got the new patch yet? I heard that patch 1.03 has already been submitted to deal with the frame rate issue, but so far it seems Sony still has not approved it yet
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne