Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder39 View Post
    By that, then so would a toothpick? ;) I think we can assume if she can take the brunt of a blast, her skin is tougher than a normal human-- but not sooooo tough that she's completely impervious to damage from things....

When heroes becomes so elevated in strength and invulnerability they loose something, for me. Superman has always been a snore-- not because of his "boyscout" attitude" but because you have to have something pretty major to do any real damage to him. Bullets... *yawn* they bounce right off of him... Diana had to learn a skill-- hone her craft. SHe deflects bullets (etc) off of her bracelets, which requires speed and skill. It's far more interesting. If she's bulletproof, then why bother?
    Yes, probably.
    "Perfection... sometimes it's our worst enemy. I tried to be perfect once... decided to just try to be better. Found a good way to start that... is by accepting who you are."

Dr. Poison's Lab Asst. Power Guy's Avatar

This is a really good question. I could honestly never accept Wonder Woman getting rid of her bracelets but at the same time, it doesn't make sense that she can lift an airplane but a bullet can penetrate her skin. Perhaps she could be bullet-proof and use the bracelets to guard against more powerful attacks like Superman's heat-vision, the blast from a Lantern's ring, or Darkseid's Omega Beams?
    Check out Hall of Justice Forums at: http://hallofjustice1.proboards.com

BANNED

roughly the same as aquaman (see new 52 aquaman #1)

Quote Originally Posted by Power Guy View Post
    This is a really good question. I could honestly never accept Wonder Woman getting rid of her bracelets but at the same time, it doesn't make sense that she can lift an airplane but a bullet can penetrate her skin. Perhaps she could be bullet-proof and use the bracelets to guard against more powerful attacks like Superman's heat-vision, the blast from a Lantern's ring, or Darkseid's Omega Beams?
    That's what a lot of people have said.

In the DC universe that are A LOT of things more powerful then bullets that would justify her using the bracelets. Not to mention enhanced weapons. I believe I said this in this topic already, but if you think about Wonder Woman own series, most things there would be able to hurt her if not for the bracelets.

In Smallville for example, that version of Diana is bulletproof, and when Steve asked why she still deflects bullets with them she simply answer she doesn't like to get shot. That works a lot better than any explanation one can come up with to explain how Wondie can tank a thermonuclear explosion and at the same time be hurted by some sharp pencil.
    "Perfection... sometimes it's our worst enemy. I tried to be perfect once... decided to just try to be better. Found a good way to start that... is by accepting who you are."