Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Invulnerable is invulnerable. You can't be "almost" pregnant.
    Jesus, it's clear what I meant, you really need to be this dense?
    "Perfection... sometimes it's our worst enemy. I tried to be perfect once... decided to just try to be better. Found a good way to start that... is by accepting who you are."

^He's kidding brosef.

I think she should be invulnerable, just not as much as say Shazam or Superman to even things out a bit. I don't read much of Azzarello's run. Is she bulletproof there?

CIN.

I think she should be invulnerable, just not as much as say Shazam or Superman to even things out a bit. I don't read much of Azzarello's run. Is she bulletproof there?

CIN.
    Hopefullly she is, we really don't know.
    Last edited by SNascimento; 10-03-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    "Perfection... sometimes it's our worst enemy. I tried to be perfect once... decided to just try to be better. Found a good way to start that... is by accepting who you are."

I think an armor-piercing bullet to her brain or vital organ should kill her. In general, I don't like heroes that are invulnerable (though I make one exception for Superman)

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

In my own personal reboot/take on Wonder Woman, I have her be Golden Age Superman durable when she starts out, maybe a little less, hence the bracelets and such. But I'd have an element of her be divine, so that her power grows the more people believe in her. As her career as a superhero progresses, the public belief and faith in Diana empowers her, to the point where she's up there with Superman and GL and all the rest. The more her message gets through, the more faith she has, the stronger she is, which then feeds back into what she can do and how the public perceive her, etc etc. I know it's kinda the Gaiman/Pratchet approach to gods and the rest, but I think I could make it work with WW...
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Batman is bulletproof? You mean his armor? Well i dont know how someone like Lobdel would treat it (he likes to exaggerate powers), but i remember in B&R Jason shot Dickbats to the chest not to kill him, but to hurt him. Dick barely didnt faint. So it's not like he's Ironman you know? The suit just wont let the bullets penetrate.

And i agree that WW needs to be bulletproof but then why would she bother deflecting bullets? We'd lose her iconic move.
    Yeah, Batman took full automatic fire to the chest from about ten feet away in Batman & Batgirl a few months ago.

And as I said, there are plenty of other weapons more powerful than bullets that can be deflected, not to mention (a) she controls the ricochets and (b) she can reflect back at her attacker. I just think the average schmuck with an average pistol should not be able to threaten Wonder Woman in any way, shape or form.

Hey can all the other Gods be her villains and we leave Athena and Aphrodite to be the good guys. Has for the bullets I think it should only affect her if her bracelets are bound by a man. It makes her only mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by SNascimento View Post
    Jesus, it's clear what I meant, you really need to be this dense?
    Tommy is right... I was kidding. I know it's a lost art among the verbal warriors here.

Just a quick thought here:

If you don't consider Diana bulletproof, you would have to agree that she should be dead after being hit by that explosive shell in SM/WW #1. I mean, the amount of shrapnels would probably have ripped her to pieces.

So Diana should be bulletproof but what about if she could control her skin? Just for only for the first few years but it would be a interesting skill.

If she's nigh impervious why does she need bracelets to deflect attacks? It's tough because the bullets and bracelet thing are essential to her character, on the other hand her power creep has her at Superman levels. I think we need to have our cake and eat it too on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Tommy is right... I was kidding.
    I don't get it.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

The fact she is raised in a warrior culture might show why she wears them. It's much smarter knowing you can defeat your enemies more quickly with their own attacks than fighting them.

Just think about her series, even if she is bulletproof, most things there would be still be able to hurt here. The need for the bracelets is still there because there are much more dangerous and powerful stuff than bullets and piercing things.

Even power girl can be hurt by natural objects. Like wood in its natural form. When WW fought genocide she was hurt enough to bleed a lot.