Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Geoff Johns Talks "Forever Evil" #2, DC Villain Downtime

One day before "Forever Evil" #2 hits stores, writer and DC Entertainment chief creative officer discusses the miniseries' latest developments and what Captain Cold likes to do on his day off.

Full article here.

"There will be one particular character that he connects with that will actually force him to open up like we’ve never seen Lex open up before." It's not that Otis guy is it? Because while that may be a funny reference to the old movies, I don't see how that would work comic wise.

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Sifighter View Post
    "There will be one particular character that he connects with that will actually force him to open up like we’ve never seen Lex open up before." It's not that Otis guy is it? Because while that may be a funny reference to the old movies, I don't see how that would work comic wise.
    In the wake of the Crime Syndicate's take over the new capital of California is... Otisburg.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Washington.... the state not the place with the monuments.

Issue 3:
    "Here's your cane, Mr. Luthor."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Wouldn't be surprised.

Every single thing in that preview is beholden on some past story. The JL Watchtower crashed in Happy Harbor for god's sake. Geoff Johns seems to be incapable of coming up with anything NEW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised.

Every single thing in that preview is beholden on some past story. The JL Watchtower crashed in Happy Harbor for god's sake. Geoff Johns seems to be incapable of coming up with anything NEW anymore.
    Rhonda Pineda Atom?
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

In one page we've gotten better dialogue between the Titians than we've seen in 24 issues of their own magazine. Red Robin actually sounds decisive and more like the Tim Drake we all know. I really want to read Teen Titans but they need a writer who knows how to balance how teenagers speak and act without making them sound like just another group of generic heroes.

Would Lex use his genetics knowledge ( two better then one ) to, let's say, save Superman, and in the process give everybody a lot more then they bargained for ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised.

That's why Forever Evil is so good and most of the New 52 is crap. I'm a DC fan, not an 'unfamiliar' fan.

The unfamiliarity of the New 52 to older DC continuities is greatly exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    In the wake of the Crime Syndicate's take over the new capital of California is... Otisburg.
    Otis...burg?

OTISBURG?

On the subject of Otis, his exit was rather upsetting. I was looking forward to some bumbling humor.

Yeah, I was slightly disappointed that the Otis thing was nothing more than a small shout-out. I would have been down for a Lex sidekick.

This talk of a character making Lex open up though makes me wonder if the prisoner is Alexander Jr., and despite being the son of his heroic incarnation, the two bond some.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-03-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, I was slightly disappointed that the Otis thing was nothing more than a small shout-out. I would have been down for a Lex sidekick.

This talk of a character making Lex open up though makes me wonder if the prisoner is Alexander Jr., and despite being the son of his heroic incarnation, the two bond some.
    Otis was just killed