Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Eternal Warrior, #2

After thousands of years on the battlefield, the Eternal Warrior has finally laid down his sword. But today he learns that when you turn your back on your destiny, your destiny may find another champion. And when that new champion is your own savage, immortal daughter, the balance of the world itself may be at stake.

The Fist and Steel's journey back to battle continues on October 9th, only in Eternal Warrior #2! And don't miss the Eternal Warrior #2 Valiant 8-Bit Level Two Variant by artist Donovan Santiago, in stores the same day!

Full article here.

LOVE Clayton Crain's art.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

looks epic. life is good.

Clayton Crain is a bad ass. Someone give him a book.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

"Actually, I'm Sumerian....."

Nice way to end the teaser.

Now, who is "The Eye" and what story will be involved there and is "The Eye" a role like Geomancer, passed down. As in there have been others. A new VEI concept character?
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

After two issues this is now my favorite Valiant comic.

So what this issue tells is that "for 5 generations", basically since the US Civil War, Gilad had "retired" from being the Fist & Steel. He had ceased being the Geomancer's protector and that this is where his daughter Xaran seemed to get drafted into the role. That little bit of information there is rich for ideas about tales featuring Xaran.
    I like how the dual artists on the book were used as visual aides when the narrative addressed the Civil War past and the African plains future portion of the story.
    I wonder if this will be an ongoing duality with the book? We already know the next arc is jumping into the future so the narrative could be repeated.

I really enjoyed this issue better than the first as it gave us more details about where the story is going vs the first issue was really Xaran set up. Here we finally got Gilad as the focus of an Eternal Warrior book.

4 of 5 stars.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

This was a great book. The story and art were both top notch. Valiant keeps pumping out quality books, I hope more people start noticing.

solid issue.

pulling this book now, along with X-O and Shadowman.