Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Superior Spider-Man killed Scarlet Spider's momentum.
    Well he did seem to ape the niche of Venom and Scarlet Spider of being the less then honorable Spider-Men that acted completely different from Peter Parker.

I'm hoping Kaine is somewhere in the new NOW.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Is it possible to stop Scarlet Spider from cancellation? I can buy some issues, but seriously, is there any chance?
    I wouldn't mind if Kaine joined Uncanny X-men, but it's only my fanboy wish.
    It would really suck if the series was cancelled.

It's really retarded that marvel is cancelling series just when I was starting reading it. Seriously, wtf?
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm hoping Kaine is somewhere in the new NOW.
    If yost ends up doing new warriors, my bet is that he ends up there. Or thunderbolts

I'll take a good look at Warriors if it is that. Cannot wait till next week.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Symbiote Venom Man View Post
    No. That would be jumping the shark. If I was reading any series and writers started using mad libs as a substitute for creativity, I would drop that book, and I sincerely doubt I'm alone in that boat. Can good stories be written about characters out of their element? Certainly. Waid's been doing that on Daredevil, for one good recent example. But those stories stop working if the character is out of their element so often that they're never seen in their original context anymore, and the answer is not to perpetually escalate with increasingly unlikely partnerships.

I understand that you have your own ideas about what's appealing, but please stop projecting those preferences onto all comics fans and insulting writers who aren't willing to cater to your tastes.
    Funny thing, I immediately thought "That would be an interesting storyline if done right!" My problem is that comic writers frequently have characters that have personal problem after personal problem, whine a great deal, and I then grow into just not caring. Although I have liked Kaine's story sometimes, other times I have found him to have too many personal problems. However, if you take the right combination of cooky, out of left-field characters, you have a GREAT opportunity to prepare a fantastic story. Example:

Heather Douglas has been considered a "goddess," an Avengers and was actually turned into a Moon DRAGON for awhile, right? She is one of Marvel's only lesbians (that we have been told), her lover, Martyr (Phyla Vell) is dead, and her father is big, green and always wants to kill Thanos. Imagine if she takes on the role of alien hunter, and comes to Earth in pursuit of one of the symbiotes. She comes across Texas Twister, who met her during an encounter with the Avengers, and she convinces him to have his super team help her. Meanwhile, Eddie Brock comes to Kaine begging for help as he is being chased, and viola, Kaine is stuck in the middle of a Good Guys vs. Bad Guy scenario -- who should he help? Why? How? Such a storyline could take Kaine and Eddie up into space! It could convince Kaine, in the end, to actually join Texas Twister's team! Maybe Heather Douglas could hook up with Shooting Star! Appropriate, no? "MOON dragon and Shooting STAR?" A night sky themed love match?

Kaine could get over some of his angst and become truly the Spider-themed-hero of the West or of Space. Either way -- it would get him out of Peter's shadow and still keep him relevant!

I will take a great big heaping mound of personal problems over throwing characters together just for the sake of throwing characters together. That sort of thing would be cool in a book like, say Marvel Team-Up or A+X or whatever Marvel's equivalent at the moment is, or maybe in a Venom book, since Venom is pretty much all about weird stuff in unexpected settings, and there is no character you could team him up with that would make me bat an eye. But having it happen with a big focus on Kaine in a Kaine-centric title (especially the current one) would be off-putting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar's Bands View Post
    Funny thing, I immediately thought "That would be an interesting storyline if done right!" My problem is that comic writers frequently have characters that have personal problem after personal problem, whine a great deal, and I then grow into just not caring. Although I have liked Kaine's story sometimes, other times I have found him to have too many personal problems. However, if you take the right combination of cooky, out of left-field characters, you have a GREAT opportunity to prepare a fantastic story. Example:

Heather Douglas has been considered a "goddess," an Avengers and was actually turned into a Moon DRAGON for awhile, right? She is one of Marvel's only lesbians (that we have been told), her lover, Martyr (Phyla Vell) is dead, and her father is big, green and always wants to kill Thanos. Imagine if she takes on the role of alien hunter, and comes to Earth in pursuit of one of the symbiotes. She comes across Texas Twister, who met her during an encounter with the Avengers, and she convinces him to have his super team help her. Meanwhile, Eddie Brock comes to Kaine begging for help as he is being chased, and viola, Kaine is stuck in the middle of a Good Guys vs. Bad Guy scenario -- who should he help? Why? How? Such a storyline could take Kaine and Eddie up into space! It could convince Kaine, in the end, to actually join Texas Twister's team! Maybe Heather Douglas could hook up with Shooting Star! Appropriate, no? "MOON dragon and Shooting STAR?" A night sky themed love match?

Kaine could get over some of his angst and become truly the Spider-themed-hero of the West or of Space. Either way -- it would get him out of Peter's shadow and still keep him relevant!
    And the best part is that Moondragon could have helped Kaine to overcome his past demons through telepathy martial arts training. Sort of like the X-Men's Danger Room setting.

Hey guys never really read much Scarlet Spider but im pretty keen to get my hands on some SS books.
    Where should i start?

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxx View Post
    Hey guys never really read much Scarlet Spider but im pretty keen to get my hands on some SS books.
    Where should i start?
    its only at 22 issues and is ending soon, so its definitely worth it to start from issue 1 and read. GREAT seeries. a shame it had to go
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

I was distraught ;[

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    its only at 22 issues and is ending soon, so its definitely worth it to start from issue 1 and read. GREAT seeries. a shame it had to go
    Gotta agree with this - those issues will fly by. If I had to pick one as a stand out though it would be The Man in the Presidential Suite.

Fingers crossed that we hear something positive from NYCC.

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post

Perfect place to start then! Thanks Mate :)

I can't wait for Kaine to be placed into jobber limbo like Venom. :(
    Pull List: Saga, East of West, Aphrodite

Lets keep this thread alive :)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=19957

First images of Kaine in new warriors