Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Very well made. But I think her movements should be less clunky and her clothes should be less clunky, smaller bracelets, and the cloak in the beginning was great, but it would've been better if it was a trench coat and with sleeker movements.
    But yeah its almost ideal.

It's good. Not epic by any means but really really great effort for what it is. It feels funny Diana is supposedly so powerful but in these things she's always handling ordinary thugs that say Catwoman could deal with. I hope they never underpower her like that if she comes to the big screen. She needs to be up there with a Faora type power level. But I appreciate the effort and the attempts to stay true to the Perez like WW.

I liked the hooded cloak, because of its ageless quality. It's a big, immodest garment, full of oppulence and mystery.

Very authentic-looking.
    "I collect beings like him and cut them open--so I can hold in my hand what makes them tick."
    Cassandra on Orion of the New Gods (Wonder Woman #26)

It's not me, It's you

I'm not quite sure how to grade this. It's 2 Minutes 30 seconds of...something. Most fan films cut a "trailer" and others do full on shorts, this was neither. Considering the budget these guys had to work with the FX were ok. But the fight choreography was so-so, nothing that blew my mind. WW looked good, the costume, im 50-50, very traditional i would say but given the limited range in action can't really say that it "works" for a big time production. I did like the cloak, nice touch but it reminded me too much of a Jedi. Considering it's all in slo-mo thats the most padded 2:30 you'll ever see, wish they could've done more, is all.

Quote Originally Posted by MelDyer View Post
    I liked the hooded cloak, because of its ageless quality. It's a big, immodest garment, full of oppulence and mystery.

Very authentic-looking.
    Yeah, I like that cloak also.

Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin View Post
    It's good. Not epic by any means but really really great effort for what it is. It feels funny Diana is supposedly so powerful but in these things she's always handling ordinary thugs that say Catwoman could deal with. I hope they never underpower her like that if she comes to the big screen. She needs to be up there with a Faora type power level. But I appreciate the effort and the attempts to stay true to the Perez like WW.
    I think with today's technology we've been spoiled by the multi-million dollar productions shown on the big screen, but I'll be willing to bet that whomever made this video is PROBABLY not a multi-million dollar company. I think it is AWESOME and it can NOT be held up to an Avengers production standards. Honestly. It was great. I don't know why someone with such talent wastes their obvious talent on doing things with characters that they'll never have the rights to. They should be working on something original and make loads of money doing so. They obviously have the imagination and ability to do so.

I think when fans make trailers like this, a lot of the time its as much an application for work as it is proof of concept for the material.

Im not in the movie business, but I imagine it works a lot like the art business. Its not just what you can do and how good you are, its who you know. Networking. That trailer is getting major network attention. That director is getting his name out there in a way that a resume isnt going to. And he's doing it with a very well known property that is also known to be very tough to crack. That shows a solid skillset and gets attention in a way that, say, a X-Men trailer wouldnt. Hollywood already has people who can do X-Men.

Oh, and the flying thing?

What if she really did ascend? What if her flight was slow to accelerate and didnt top out at a faster-than-sound speed? So she can fly around under her own power, but it's not "overly" fast, takes her a few seconds to reach top speed, and is really only good for quasi-local trips?

That makes for a very different visual than Man of Steel and it forces Diana into a different fighting style. She couldnt rely on flight during combat, and might have to leap instead, climb, or find other creative methods of reaching her goal. She's still fast as hell, it'd be a very unique manner for moving around, a little bit Spider-Man agility with Hulk strength and a floating kind of holy flight.

It also makes the jet more viable, and nothing says grounded, harsh reality with flying aliens like a military stealth prototype that gets stolen by a mysterious island princess.

This was good. Really impressed by what the studio was able to do with the resources they had. Yet Hollywood with all it's leverage continues to sit on it's ass. Probably concerned that the toys and other merchandise won't sell enough SMH.