Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I finally got my copy today and... I'm conflicted.

I don't really think drug jokes are funny, nor do I really care for jokes about promiscuity, but I kinda was okay with them in this for reasons I can't really fathom. They didn't bother me as such, I just 'ignored' them. But I am going to give it a second (and probably third) chance unless it does something that seriously ticks me off. I think the first issue was a definite stumble after the fun of the single-pages that were used in the fairly aggressive marketing, but we'll see.

I think I'm only buying it for Violet.

BANNED

The art is fantastic, but I didn't like the writing. Too much forced humor.

I absolutely loved it.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Good, but not great. It's on a short leash for me. I will give it the next issue and maybe the one after that to leave an impression. Characters were great, but plot was weak and boring.

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

Loved it. Writing had a bit of the smart-ass to it. I love that. The art was beautiful. I'm onboard for more.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

I enjoyed the second issue very much.

Love it! Glad i picked it up

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I enjoyed the second issue very much.
    I think that the second issue is quite a bit better than the first. I think the action may bring out the character interplay better.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Well I never really had much issue with the first. What I think I'm liking about this series so far or at least one of the things I'm liking so far, is that it's a fantasy comic that doesn't waste too much time on building the world the characters inhabit. We're introduced to the characters, are given a little bit of context to move the story forward and we just accept their fantasy world as is without much in the way of questions. It feels like a bunch of friends just playing Dungeons and Dragons, regardless of the setting it's just just a bunch of people adventuring and for the most part having a time of it.

I love this book. Both the first and second issues knocked my socks off. I really can't believe how much fun I have reading it. And how fond I am of the characters already- especially Betty. It's cool to watch the queens go to work and it's even better when they are just hanging out.

I'm not a gamer so none of that has any influence on my opinion of it, good or bad, I'm just enjoying it as a bloody, boisterous and hilariously bawdy adventure. It's not deep but it is a hell of a lot fun.
    PrettyDeadly/WonderWoman/FBP/Velvet/Revival/Lazarus/EastofWest/ManhattanProjects/Fatale/Alex+Ada/Rat Queens/Saga/Bandette/HighCrimes/Red Sonja/RachelRising/Ghost/Zero/Veil/Cap. Marvel/She Hulk/Magneto

Issue #2 wasn't as great (for me) but it did address some concerns I had from the first.

The art's a little wobbly at times, but it's fairly good.

Really, really enjoying this title.

Reminds me of my old sarcastic D&D group.

Fun dialogue, superb art, unique voice in a crowded market.

If you have ever had any kind of love for tabletop D&D, to not check this out would be a real shame.