Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    On the book cases (Ikea's Billy range) in my dining room.

    I would spill out into the rest of the house, but my wife won't let me.
    Cool... do you think TPB or HC last longer?

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osakafanz View Post
    Cool... do you think TPB or HC last longer?
    Hardcovers are more durable, but TPBs are on better paper now than they were in the past, so they should last longer. It's only stuff like the Essentials that tends to yellow in the months and years.

  3. #18
    Crusader of Justice dancj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sunny Exeter, England
    Posts
    6,732

    Default

    I prefer TBPs - they take up half the space that hardcovers take up - and the dustcovers on hardcovers get really tatty if you're not careful.

    I honestly don't think there's a big difference in how durable they are unless you're talking about the posh hardcovers with cloth spines.

  4. #19

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitz the Bloody View Post
    Hardcovers are more durable, but TPBs are on better paper now than they were in the past, so they should last longer. It's only stuff like the Essentials that tends to yellow in the months and years.
    Ok glad i started collecting TPBs when they are of better quality!

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I prefer TBPs - they take up half the space that hardcovers take up - and the dustcovers on hardcovers get really tatty if you're not careful.

    I honestly don't think there's a big difference in how durable they are unless you're talking about the posh hardcovers with cloth spines.
    Totally agree... wonder why do some ppl prefer HCs?

    Also omnibuses are so inconvenient... how is it possible anybody can read a 800+ page omnibus comfortably?!

  6. #21
    Crusader of Justice dancj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sunny Exeter, England
    Posts
    6,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osakafanz View Post
    Totally agree... wonder why do some ppl prefer HCs?

    Also omnibuses are so inconvenient... how is it possible anybody can read a 800+ page omnibus comfortably?!
    Ah - With enormous books I'm different. I love my Solo HC and don't think I'd want that in paperback - but that's a book that wouldn't leave the house.

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Ah - With enormous books I'm different. I love my Solo HC and don't think I'd want that in paperback - but that's a book that wouldn't leave the house.
    Batman Earth One by Geoff Johns has the most ideal HC for me

  8. #23
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    David Brin: Life Eaters.

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shikidum View Post
    David Brin: Life Eaters.
    Thor meets Cpt.America?

  10. #25

    Default

    Not dark, per se, but Locke and Key is a GREAT series. Very trippy. I think they have 5 or 6 TPB volumes out now. I'm about 23 issues in right now. It's basically an homage to Lovecraft's work. Not really based on anything he's done, but there are several nods to him throughout the series.

  11. #26
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,862

    Default

    I just finished the adaptation of House on the Borderlands by Richard Corben and it was dark and fantastic.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •