Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    On the book cases (Ikea's Billy range) in my dining room.

I would spill out into the rest of the house, but my wife won't let me.
    Cool... do you think TPB or HC last longer?

Quote Originally Posted by osakafanz View Post
    Cool... do you think TPB or HC last longer?
    Hardcovers are more durable, but TPBs are on better paper now than they were in the past, so they should last longer. It's only stuff like the Essentials that tends to yellow in the months and years.

I prefer TBPs - they take up half the space that hardcovers take up - and the dustcovers on hardcovers get really tatty if you're not careful.

I honestly don't think there's a big difference in how durable they are unless you're talking about the posh hardcovers with cloth spines.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nitz the Bloody View Post
    Hardcovers are more durable, but TPBs are on better paper now than they were in the past, so they should last longer. It's only stuff like the Essentials that tends to yellow in the months and years.
    Ok glad i started collecting TPBs when they are of better quality!

I prefer TBPs - they take up half the space that hardcovers take up - and the dustcovers on hardcovers get really tatty if you're not careful.

I honestly don't think there's a big difference in how durable they are unless you're talking about the posh hardcovers with cloth spines.
    Totally agree... wonder why do some ppl prefer HCs?

Also omnibuses are so inconvenient... how is it possible anybody can read a 800+ page omnibus comfortably?!

Quote Originally Posted by osakafanz View Post
    Totally agree... wonder why do some ppl prefer HCs?

Also omnibuses are so inconvenient... how is it possible anybody can read a 800+ page omnibus comfortably?!
    Ah - With enormous books I'm different. I love my Solo HC and don't think I'd want that in paperback - but that's a book that wouldn't leave the house.

Ah - With enormous books I'm different. I love my Solo HC and don't think I'd want that in paperback - but that's a book that wouldn't leave the house.
    Batman Earth One by Geoff Johns has the most ideal HC for me

BANNED

David Brin: Life Eaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikidum View Post
    David Brin: Life Eaters.
    Thor meets Cpt.America?

Not dark, per se, but Locke and Key is a GREAT series. Very trippy. I think they have 5 or 6 TPB volumes out now. I'm about 23 issues in right now. It's basically an homage to Lovecraft's work. Not really based on anything he's done, but there are several nods to him throughout the series.

I just finished the adaptation of House on the Borderlands by Richard Corben and it was dark and fantastic.