Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Justice League Dark, #24

A "Forever Evil" tie-in! THE JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK IS DEAD. Not even the JL Dark can escape the evil that's invaded the Earth-except for John Constantine! But why has he alone survived? And will he try to stop the villains-or join them? Long live the NEW Justice League Dark!

Full article here.

Always nice to see Zee drawn by Janin even if her cooler bikeresque costume has been phased out, cautiously optimistic about DeMatteis taking over.
    Last edited by havok1977; 09-26-2013 at 09:42 AM.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I didn't like the costume they first had her in with JL Dark and am glad to see the change.

And I'm looking forward to seeing what DeMatties can do
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

REALLY looking forward to DeMatteis on this book. Loved his work so far on Phantom Stranger.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

really love the art.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Always nice to see Zee drawn by Janin even if her cooler bikeresque costume has been phased out, cautiously optimistic about DeMatteis taking over.
    I have high faith in DeMatteis at the helm. He turned Phantom Stranger around and now it's something I look forward to each month. Plus him with Janin is something I'll almost kill for. Almost.
    "Bruce, you have the creepiest smile!"

I honestly would not mind if this issue stayed black and white cause as of now it already looks amazing.
    Also Den I totally agree with you he new costume looks way better then what she was wearing at the start of JLD.

I really look forward to this, I was glad to know DeMatteis was taking over JLD rather than Ray Fawkes because honestly, that guy made me less enjoy the title than I did with Lemire.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

BANNED

Looking forwards to this.
    Still think Zatanna's new suit is the inferior one, fine on stage, rubbish everywhere else.

Insert Witty Title Here dragoniguana's Avatar

I adore the cover, even though it has no art or anything much else to speak of. It draws me in.

I hate to be the skunk at the garden party here, because I really liked DeMatteis' early work, particularly the bizarre stuff he did in The Defenders and some of the mini series off-shoots, but after that I noticed a tendency for a certain "New Ageyness" to creep into his stuff; he's obviously a deep thinker and I always assumed he'd had some sort of spiritual epiphany that he wanted to include in his work.

That's OK, it just came off a bit...obvious, at times.

I wish him well though...and I'll pick up the first few issues.