Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Wolverine and the X-Men, #36

"Wolverine and the X-Men" #36 has Jason Aaron and Giuseppe Camuncoli take "Battle of the Atom" to the halfway point, and sure enough, there's a twist awaiting as the past, present and future X-Men fight it out.

Full review here.

BANNED

Give me a break. This crossover lost steam in part 1. I guess you can't lose any more steam when the plot stopped moving entirely issues ago.

I agree with this review, but I would give it a slightly lower score. I think there was too much vagueness in this story. We never got to see what O5 Jean saw when she looked into Xorna's mind. We never really saw what was so different about the future when O5 Beast and Iceman traveled there with Illyana. Too much was left open. I figure plenty of it will be revealed in future issues, but this issue just had too many holes in it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

i enjoyed the first few parts, but it quickly lost momentum with several several issues of arguing and nothing really happening. i hope there are no more issues centered around the 'you're going back to the past!' 'no we're not!' debate.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

This crossover not only lost steam, it ended up in drydock after issue 1.

The story and art was very weak. It reminded me a lot of AvX, two sides arguing on a beach.

I'm not convinced a 16 year old Jean Grey can stand up to and defeat a mature Jean who has had time to build and develop her power and skills. Really my only negative from this issue.

Wait, this actually got a lower rating than last week's issue?
    "As if a man in a wheelchair wasn't enough, now I'm targeting old women." - Scott Summers, A+X #11

Eh, what Marvel Master said. The issue almost had revelations... but stopped short, leaving me a bit less well disposed towards it than I might've been.

Also....

I can take future Jean being able to take down Emma: she could be more powerful due to whatever's happened. I can take O5 Jean being able to take down Future Jean, Future Jean could be weaker due to whatever's happened. The combination, though, annoys me. I like Emma, and Jean doesn't have the Phoenix any more (unless that's the next plot twist). With the Stepford trio backing her up, IMO that should've been even. The teaser last issue implied an even fight. O5 Jean being the one who ended up winning, and winning fairly clearly was irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Croakamancer View Post
    Eh, what Marvel Master said. The issue almost had revelations... but stopped short, leaving me a bit less well disposed towards it than I might've been.

Also....

I can take future Jean being able to take down Emma: she could be more powerful due to whatever's happened. I can take O5 Jean being able to take down Future Jean, Future Jean could be weaker due to whatever's happened. The combination, though, annoys me. I like Emma, and Jean doesn't have the Phoenix any more (unless that's the next plot twist). With the Stepford trio backing her up, IMO that should've been even. The teaser last issue implied an even fight. O5 Jean being the one who ended up winning, and winning fairly clearly was irritating.
    Emma can't tap into her power and had to rely on the Cuckoos as batteries. And then there's the control thing, like Cyclops she can barely control her power. Xorna even comments on Emma being crippled when she talks about being disappointed. Emma is more powerful then 3 Cuckoos as show in the first issue of Warsong.05 Jean was purposely left till the end so Xorna could trick her. In contrast Xorna didn't play with the Cuckoos, she went after them first and hard. Each Cuckoo falling cut their power down by a 3rd. Jeen was a non entity.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Give me a break. This crossover lost steam in part 1. I guess you can't lose any more steam when the plot stopped moving entirely issues ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    This crossover not only lost steam, it ended up in drydock after issue 1.
    Pretty much sums it up. There's still Oct. So let's see how things change. If they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i enjoyed the first few parts, but it quickly lost momentum with several several issues of arguing and nothing really happening. i hope there are no more issues centered around the 'you're going back to the past!' 'no we're not!' debate.
    Yeah i have to admit that's pretty much the problem with this series.

Good lord this review is so off base it's not even funny. "t's the halfway point and the story still feels like it's moving at a brisk pace," REALLY? no....it's still just a bunch of people arguing about what to do with the time-displaced X-Men. Yes it's nice of Beast to finally admit "oh shit, this is all MY fault" but even that's not enough.

Poor Emma has just been completely character assassinated
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Episode #5: The heated schoolyard debate takes a turn for the hilarious when someone administers a wet willy. Gauntlet THROWN DOWN.

this event lost steam before it even began. all it is is all new x-men issues that have now spread to the other 49 x-men titles.