Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Detective Comics, #23.4

Writer Frank Tieri uses Villains Month as a backdrop for a brutal but enjoyable character study of Man-Bat in "Detective Comics" #23.4, and Scot Eaton and Jaime Mendoza are in sync portraying a conflicted character with noble intent but animal instinct.

Full review here.

well; that was certainly a point of no return for langstrom in this continuity. no matter what he does from here out; he DRANK CHILDREN'S BLOOD AND KILLED THEM. there is no going back from that. he, harley, deadshot, freeze and Ivy are now the same level of child-murdering scumbag evil as joker or penguin

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    well; that was certainly a point of no return for langstrom in this continuity. no matter what he does from here out; he DRANK CHILDREN'S BLOOD AND KILLED THEM. there is no going back from that. he, harley, deadshot, freeze and Ivy are now the same level of child-murdering scumbag evil as joker or penguin
    Ummm, I don't recall that scene. He saved a kid from his wife, and in the last panel he's taking a mom while her kids play on the jungle gym, but I don't see him killing any kids.

There is no doubt that he's a villain though. He took that clown's head clean off, and slaughters the GCPD. Still I'm stuck wondering why, in a town that is full of escaped lunatics, and a rapidly depleting police force, why would any mom take her kids down to the park?

Also, I'm wondering why Layman didn't get to write this one. He did all the lead up for it.

hmm, rereading it looks like he hasn't crossed the kid-killing event horizon; so he could still theoretically turn it around (Assuming he could ever go back to the fruit-bat formula. but that would take concentrating it to the point of making it a permanent trip into bat-form)