Page 38 of 91 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Wan't a rule, just a comparison. Name one time in the Marvel Movie Universe you see field agents outside of the helicarrier wearing the blue SHIELD uniforms. From Iron Man 1 all the way through Thor field agents NEVER wear anything but normal suits. The only time we see any other gear is in the Helicarrier or the security people.

It makes complete sense that the TV show maintains the same continuity. If you don't like the continuity then that's a different story but the TV show is not doing anything different then the movies.
    Fury, in almost every appearance, except the final scene of Captain America: The First Avenger, it's just usually hidden under a duster. Black Widow, from her reveal at the donut shop in Iron Man 2, although I grant that her costume is a modified version. Hawkeye, both in Thor and the opening scene of The Avengers. Swarms of them in the facility where they revive Captain America in the final scene of Captain America: The First Avenger.

However, in your defense, they do seem more prone to go with suits outside of SHIELD facilities. There just doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule about it. Further, people seem way too uptight about the wardrobe issue, and yet they are right in that Ward, at least, should have a SHIELD uniform for field work.

Wan't a rule, just a comparison. Name one time in the Marvel Movie Universe you see field agents outside of the helicarrier wearing the blue SHIELD uniforms. From Iron Man 1 all the way through Thor field agents NEVER wear anything but normal suits. The only time we see any other gear is in the Helicarrier or the security people.

It makes complete sense that the TV show maintains the same continuity. If you don't like the continuity then that's a different story but the TV show is not doing anything different then the movies.
    There were SHIELD agents in the Iron Man films?
    The Thor one was explained to be a coverup so there were some people in suits but the guards were not wearing suits they had SHIELD uniforms.

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    The Thor one was explained to be a coverup so there were some people in suits but the guards were not wearing suits they had SHIELD uniforms.
    Iron Man 1 and 2 both had a handful of SHIELD Agents and all were in suits.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMIRACLE View Post
    Fury, in almost every appearance, except the final scene of Captain America: The First Avenger, it's just usually hidden under a duster. Black Widow, from her reveal at the donut shop in Iron Man 2, although I grant that her costume is a modified version. Hawkeye, both in Thor and the opening scene of The Avengers. Swarms of them in the facility where they revive Captain America in the final scene of Captain America: The First Avenger.

However, in your defense, they do seem more prone to go with suits outside of SHIELD facilities. There just doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule about it. Further, people seem way too uptight about the wardrobe issue, and yet they are right in that Ward, at least, should have a SHIELD uniform for field work.
    I didn't think I had to make the distinction between the super heroes and the typical SHIELD Agents. No one in the TV series is on the level of Hawkeye, Nick Fury or Black Widow, they are super hero comic book personalities. So my point is still the same, the only people that were SHIELD uniforms are people on the Helicarrier or security people. The people swarming in the SHIELD facility in Thor are security personal and the people trying to take down Cap seem to be security. Normal field agents sent out for investigations like we see in Iron man 1 and 2 and Thor are in suits.

Ward is also a field agent working in the field so I don't see how it makes sense to have a separate outfit for the few times he goes into an op all Navy Seal. Seems like most of the time he is inserted with a low profile or undercover.

There may be a few exceptions throughout the 6 movies but, intended or not, that is the general motif they have established. So my point is still the same and valid.
    Last edited by Captain Planet; 10-25-2013 at 02:22 PM.

I didn't think I had to make the distinction between the super heroes and the typical SHIELD Agents. No one in the TV series is on the level of Hawkeye, Nick Fury or Black Widow, they are super hero comic book personalities. So my point is still the same, the only people that were SHIELD uniforms are people on the Helicarrier or security people. The people swarming in the SHIELD facility in Thor are security personal and the people trying to take down Cap seem to be security. Normal field agents sent out for investigations like we see in Iron man 1 and 2 and Thor are in suits.

Ward is also a field agent working in the field so I don't see how it makes sense to have a separate outfit for the few times he goes into an op all Navy Seal. Seems like most of the time he is inserted with a low profile or undercover.

There may be a few exceptions throughout the 6 movies but, intended or not, that is the general motif they have established. So my point is still the same and valid.
    Your comment was "outside the Helicarrier". That being the criteria, you're wrong.

That said, you're right: Ward's action costume should be more consistent with established MCU SHIELD uniforms, and unless the story calls for them to be expecting overt action, SHIELD agents should wear suits. Coulson is the exception since always being in a suit is part of his gag.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMIRACLE View Post
    Your comment was "outside the Helicarrier". That being the criteria, you're wrong.

That said, you're right: Ward's action costume should be more consistent with established MCU SHIELD uniforms, and unless the story calls for them to be expecting overt action, SHIELD agents should wear suits. Coulson is the exception since always being in a suit is part of his gag.
    Yes, had that been my criteria then yes I would be wrong.

And I think you're spot on about Colsoun's suit being a gag. When I saw him show up on the beach wearing the suit that was my first thought. It could also have something to do with whatever happened to him. Probably not.
    Last edited by Captain Planet; 10-25-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Didn't you watch them, there were a lot of SHIELD agents in the movies, all in Suits
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    As it turns out, yeah Minne Riperton was Maya Rudolph's mom.

But Ruth Negga, played the girl in the flower dress NOT Maya Rudolph.

They just kinda look alike.
    Yeah, a friend of mine tried to tell me that it wasn't Maya Rudolph the other day, but I kept telling him that he was wrong. Looks like I gotta tell him that he was right.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Suits out in public. Alows agents to not draw unnecessary attention

Uniforms when on station, in the lab, or out on combat type activities.

I have to say, after my second viewing of last weeks episode, I'm really not sold on Skye. Why exactly did she join rising Tide? What exactly does she know about them? And all this was to find out about her parents? I just don't find her all that believable.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I have to say, after my second viewing of last weeks episode, I'm really not sold on Skye. Why exactly did she join rising Tide?
    To find out who her parents were, and who she is.

What exactly does she know about them?
    A lot less than she should.

And all this was to find out about her parents? I just don't find her all that believable.
    Why is that? And no, it's also about herself. She doesn't know who she is.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    Suits out in public. Alows agents to not draw unnecessary attention

Uniforms when on station, in the lab, or out on combat type activities.
    This is teh Internet. Stop making sense, it's just not proper decorum.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    To find out who her parents were, and who she is.

A lot less than she should.

Why is that? And no, it's also about herself. She doesn't know who she is.
    the fact is, I'm not sure what exactly rising tide could do for her, or why they pointed her against SHIELD. Did she want to do this? I find myself kind of indifferent to her morally ambivalent character.

the fact is, I'm not sure what exactly rising tide could do for her, or why they pointed her against SHIELD. Did she want to do this? I find myself kind of indifferent to her morally ambivalent character.
    Who in the show is not morally ambivalent? SHIELD acrews people as a matter op policy and ignores the law when it is in convent and nobody bats an eye.

I hope the show doesn't go like Alpha's and I lose interest becasue i want both side to fry.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

I get the feling that the Rising Tide is the Marvel version of Anonymous, a bunch of sociopaths and do-gooders with huge entitlement issues, with a generous dose of Wikileaks thrown in, probably backed by some villainous organisation without them even realising it.
    They're really good at getting information they're not supposed to have, and a global organisation like S.H.I.E.L.D. would be anathema to them.

Skye is not really morally ambiguous. She's a bona fide heroic character, she's just not sure what side everybody else is on. What she does know is that S.H.I.E.L.D. probably is the best place to look for the information she needs.