Default Who would love to see Marvel do Gargoyles comics?

Since Disney bought Marvel, how about it? they need a continuation in comics and Greg Weisman to write them including Michael Reeaves back.

if they can do it right and put it in marvel proper, I think a proper integration would really help flesh out marvel (use it's base for defining marvel's magic and then reflect out other characters based on it, like ghost rider, etc).

faillng that, make it an alternative universe.
    click here for some characters to use in rumbles

“We need to apply the science of communication to the communication of science.” - Preston Manning

I would love it if the Gargoyles could be introduced into the Marvel universe proper. It would need to be done right though, without sacrificing what made the Gargoyle mythos so special and appealing. But I do think it can be done and would love to see the Manhattan Clan patrolling the night skies of New York City.
    "With Knowledge we built a city to rival heaven."

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

It might also have to appeal to the Gargoyle purists who disown the 3rd season "Goliath Chronicles" which was disowned by Greg Weisman.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I would love it if the Gargoyles could be introduced into the Marvel universe proper. It would need to be done right though, without sacrificing what made the Gargoyle mythos so special and appealing. But I do think it can be done and would love to see the Manhattan Clan patrolling the night skies of New York City.
    Now that's a good idea.

And how about some crossovers as well with Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Punisher, Blade, Man-Thing, The Avengers, Captain America, Thor etc.? those would be interesting

I would love to see Marvel publish Gargoyles comics, in or out of the main Marvel Universe.

That said, Gargoyles is probably the only Disney property that comes to mind that could seamlessly be integrated into the 616. Think of Xanatos feuding with Tony Stark… Macbeth joining MI-13… etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServoFan View Post
    Now that's a good idea.

And how about some crossovers as well with Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Punisher, Blade, Man-Thing, The Avengers, Captain America, Thor etc.? those would be interesting
    I would love to see the Manhattan Clan teaming up with Spider-man, Daredevil, and the others you mentioned! I think seeing Goliath fighting alongside Captain America would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I would love to see Marvel publish Gargoyles comics, in or out of the main Marvel Universe.

That said, Gargoyles is probably the only Disney property that comes to mind that could seamlessly be integrated into the 616. Think of Xanatos feuding with Tony Stark… Macbeth joining MI-13… etc.
    Those are great suggestions. I would love to see Xanatos and Tony Stark feuding with one another; or having Demona run afoul of the Fearless Defenders while Puck torments the Mighty Avengers.
    "With Knowledge we built a city to rival heaven."

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Those are great suggestions. I would love to see Xanatos and Tony Stark feuding with one another; or having Demona run afoul of the Fearless Defenders while Puck torments the Mighty Avengers.
    Oh, if Puck (Sprite) the Eternal were still himself, they'd try to outdo one another in mischief!
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

I would never want to see it in the mainline Marvel universe. If they do it separately and do it right, absolutely. I just don't want to see Spider-Man dropping in to talk to Goliath every other day.
    Watch me get my geek on @ http://CephusCorner.JadeDragonOnline.com
    @Cephus404 on Twitter - Reading comics since 1974, oh my!

Marvel has already done a Gargoyles comic circa 1995, it ran 11 issues.

info here: http://www.comics.org/series/10516/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garish01.gif 
Views:	46 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	120012

Weisman also did a 4 issue mini series of a Gargoyles comi that was released by Slave Labor Comics in '07 and collected in trade in '09. Not sure if the license is still held by SLG, or it it has reverted to Disney. If SLG still holds the ocmic license, then Marvel can't do a comic until the license expires.
    -M
    Last edited by MRP; 09-23-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

While i'm sure it has enough fans to warrant it as it's own separate comic, i think it's mostly over-bloated by the internet. Which worries me because in other companies some of the things touted as being all time greats in certain internet parts are being easily outsold by things they would put down in the same breath. Given as a limited i bet it could probably sell and possibly even further than that, but again unitl some hard numbers it's pretty much impossible to judge whether the pack or the howl is larger.

On my own opinion on nothing to do with a business thinking hat, Weisman's work has never struck me as anything beyond average. Given other things that could be in consideration for getting a separate comic produced, gargoyles wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list.

Would love to se a Gargoyles comic if Wiesman was writing and continuing to build upon what he has done before. Failing that, no. The idea of Gargoyles being integrated into the Marvel universe is especially unappealing.

BANNED

I would really Love to see Ibraim Roberson do a Gargoyles book

I'd love to see Marvel pick up where Boom Studios left off on the Disney Afternoon comics. Gargoyles would be pretty awesome, too.

If the powers that be at Marvel decide to take a shot at relaunching Gargoyles. I'd prefer they stay in separate universes for at least a little while. One artist that I'd think would an excellent choice for the book would be Tom Grummet. During his two runs with Karl Kesel on Superboy, the man had quite a knack for creatures. He'd be especially well suited drawing Goliath and the Manhattan Clan.

I am a bit surprised to see not much is being done to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of the series. I just picked up the first, and Season 2.1 on DVD not too long ago ,and have been enjoying the heck out of the old show.
    Last edited by The One and Only; 04-22-2014 at 11:40 PM.