Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Member

I have mixed feelings about this. I was really excited about Kindt's work on this series but I know that he's pretty busy on everything else and he's most likely going to receive a few ongoings after Forever Evil ends so quitting something was the most logical guess.

Also, I like Gates but I don't know if this kind of sci-fi/espionage book fits into his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    You're the one that's over-exaggerating. I was simply stated what I'd heard. Maybe Didio meant something more specific, but it didn't come across that way in the interview. My mistake.
    You don't even know for sure that Didio said that.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

I hope Kindt drops out of writing Suicide Squad his two one shots for the main character were horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkink View Post
    I hope Kindt drops out of writing Suicide Squad his two one shots for the main character were horrible.
    I avoided them both, but it would be great it Alex Kot came back on the book, he was doing a pretty damn good job.

Veteran Member

Does not compute, his Deadshot and Harley Quinn issues were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Does not compute, his Deadshot and Harley Quinn issues were pretty good.
    I have to disagree with your opinion. Deadshot is now a run of the mill assassin with a bad past that is like so many action movie characters and his Harley was terrible he missed the point of the character.

Veteran Member

I have to disagree with your opinion. Deadshot is now a run of the mill assassin with a bad past
    That was always the point of the character since John Ostrander was writing him.

his Harley was terrible he missed the point of the character.
    How exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    I doubt that Killer Frost will be an anti-hero. I remember someone at DC, I think that it was Didio, say that the villains in FE would be "pure evil." Because its not like villains with dimension are interesting, no they all must me mustache-twirling psychos.
    I don't take it like that. I just take it that these aren't going to be asked to join the Avengers. Er, I mean the Justice League

I actually kind of like Killer Frost in JLU/YJ because she was a remorseless psychopath. I doesn't work for EVERY villain, or even many of them, but it works for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    That was always the point of the character since John Ostrander was writing him.

How exactly?
    That is true just for me the super intense Ryan Gossling wannabee version did not work with his wanting to die because of what happend to him as a kid it was just a weak backstory.

He missed the point of Harley hard I mean there was not a single joke in that whole issue. It was doom and gloom he wrote her as the female Joker something Harley Quinn is not she my be linked to him but she is not his female clone that acts and feels the same. Kindt did not get that and wrote a story fit for the Joker and masked it as a Harley Quinn story, Thats missing the point of the character.

That is true just for me the super intense Ryan Gossling wannabee version did not work with his wanting to die because of what happend to him as a kid it was just a weak backstory.
    Are you sure it's not just because it's a different backstory?

He missed the point of Harley hard I mean there was not a single joke in that whole issue. It was doom and gloom he wrote her as the female Joker something Harley Quinn is not she my be linked to him but she is not his female clone that acts and feels the same. Kindt did not get that and wrote a story fit for the Joker and masked it as a Harley Quinn story, Thats missing the point of the character.
    There's a difference between story genre and character portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Are you sure it's not just because it's a different backstory?

There's a difference between story genre and character portrayal.
    Actually no its not because of the different backstory. I just did not enjoy the sob story past to the point he became this cliche anti hero. To be perfectly honest it could of came from me simpley being burnt out with Villains month so many issues have come down to bad childhoods and I just could not take another one. I did not hate deadshots one shot I just thought it left me in a blah type of mood it was not good it was not bad it was just kind of there.