Default Neo vs movie Thor

Nods to maczero, as his thread got me thinking.

This is final form Neo obviously.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

I'm not sure Neo has the stopping power to bring down Thor, but he's got other significant advantages, particularly in terms of speed, so I guess it comes down to whether or not he can do something esoteric like how he killed Smith in the first movie. I would bet that he can, since we saw him pull off a similar feat when he healed Trinity, meaning his power doesn't JUST work on machines. This gets into a bit of a weird area with how we handle Neo in the arena, but I would take his more esoteric matrix stuff as reality manipulation, since that's functionally what it is.

Anyway, I think it's decently likely he lacks the physical force to take Thor down that way, although I can't recall any of Thor's durability feats tbh, but there's also a reasonable chance of him pulling out some Matrix magic for the win.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I'm not sure Neo has the stopping power to bring down Thor, but he's got other significant advantages, particularly in terms of speed, so I guess it comes down to whether or not he can do something esoteric like how he killed Smith in the first movie. I would bet that he can, since we saw him pull off a similar feat when he healed Trinity, meaning his power doesn't JUST work on machines. This gets into a bit of a weird area with how we handle Neo in the arena, but I would take his more esoteric matrix stuff as reality manipulation, since that's functionally what it is.

Anyway, I think it's decently likely he lacks the physical force to take Thor down that way, although I can't recall any of Thor's durability feats tbh, but there's also a reasonable chance of him pulling out some Matrix magic for the win.
    You bring up an interesing point. Can Neo phase his hand into Thor and rip out, or at least squeeze, Thor's heart for the win?

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

I don't think Thor has anything that can actually tag Neo, to be honest. Neo is just way too fast, even for his lightning/thrown hammer attacks.

The only thing that might have a shot at slowing him down is if he summons a tornado, but even that didn't have the range of the entire Arena (Still had a pretty big range, but Neo can probably stay out of that range).

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    You bring up an interesing point. Can Neo phase his hand into Thor and rip out, or at least squeeze, Thor's heart for the win?
    I don't think what he does at that point is a matter of physical force, like squeezing the heart; it seems more like directly affecting the "code," i.e. reality manipulation. But yeah, I think it's a possibility. Otherwise, it's a contest of who passes out first so the other can kill/get a ten count, I think. Since neither of them has any feats for going without sleep/nutrition for long periods, it's really a toss-up there; neither really has any reason to have the normal human limitations in that area.

Forever
    Wherever

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Thor has AoE's, though, so given Neo's normal striking feats, how is he hurting Thor before Thor does an AoE that is MUCH larger than the arena (Jotunheim blast, for example...).

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Thor has AoE's, though, so given Neo's normal striking feats, how is he hurting Thor before Thor does an AoE that is MUCH larger than the arena (Jotunheim blast, for example...).
    I don't recall the movies that well. What did the AoE entail?

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That was not an AoE blast larger than the arena. That wasn't even AoE. That was him hitting one spot really hard which caused the ice to split.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

This is the hammer strike in question.

It did cause a shockwave, although we can't be sure it was large enough to cover the Arena.

Irrespective of whether or not this was the case, however, that's a ground level only attack. Neo can fly, making it pretty much useless.

Neo is too fast for Thor, and considering the cratering Super Neo and Super Smith were doing at the end, I wouldn't doubt his strength either. That and, as already pointed out, the reality manipulation. Yeah, I think Neo takes this fairly handily.

Eh, Neo and Smith didn't have any hits in the range of what movie Hulk can do to my recollection, and Thor took at least one big hit from him.

Edit: I would say that Thor can take 2/10 by virtue of the fact that it's not impossible things will go in such a way that he manages to hit Neo, and one hit should be all he needs to bring Neo down. He can do the tornado thing, and he has been able to get some AoE out of his lightning, as seen when he was just blasting everything that came through the Chitauri portal. Plus, hitting the ground like he did when he split the ice should create quite a bit of chaos too. Basically throwing a lot of stuff out there gives him a reasonable chance at pinning Neo down or clipping him with something enough to slow him down, so I say 2/10 for that. The rest falls into whether Neo can pull something off with reality manipulation, or who tires out first. Overall, I'd say Neo takes 6/10 by virtue of either reality manipulation or not being the first to tire out.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 09-23-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Forever
    Wherever

EDIT: My browser is acting up.
    Last edited by Slade; 09-23-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I'm not sure Neo has the stopping power to bring down Thor, but he's got other significant advantages, particularly in terms of speed, so I guess it comes down to whether or not he can do something esoteric like how he killed Smith in the first movie. I would bet that he can, since we saw him pull off a similar feat when he healed Trinity, meaning his power doesn't JUST work on machines. This gets into a bit of a weird area with how we handle Neo in the arena, but I would take his more esoteric matrix stuff as reality manipulation, since that's functionally what it is..
    This is also where I get confused as to what powers he gets. Yes, I get saying that he gets his strength and speed in the arena even though the arena isn't a part of the Matrix. However, what Neo does to Smith(and Trinity) was specifically because they *were* in the matrix, right? So it allowed him to alter their code, or whatever you want to call what he did.
    Last edited by Surtur; 09-23-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    This is also where I get confused as to what powers he gets. Yes, I get saying that he gets his strength and speed in the arena even though the arena isn't a part of the Matrix. However, what Neo does to Smith(and Trinity) was specifically because they *were* in the matrix, right? So it allowed him to alter their code, or whatever you want to call what he did.
    What I think it comes down to is that we should just completely ignore the fact that Neo has some existence outside the Matrix; The Matrix IS reality for all intents and purposes pertaining to Neo. We can't really say the Matrix is a lower order of reality than any other fictional universe because they don't exist in context with each other, and that's really the only way we'd be able to tell. The shaping powers inherent in Exalted's Sidereal martial arts are dependent on the base code of Creation operating in a certain way that they can interact with, which is specific to their setting, but they can still punch someone in the memory if we stick them in the arena. The only real difference with the Matrix is that the movies show us that a higher order of reality exists, but like I said, that doesn't really matter when comparing separate fictional universes with the exception of maybe something like, if Neo were in Amber it might be fair to say his powers wouldn't function properly, because Amber as a setting actually has feats which tell us that reality manipulation doesn't work so well there because it is the (second) highest order of reality, and therefore very solid.

Edit: For a more pertinent example, if a comic character breaks the fourth wall and goes to the "real" world where their powers don't work, are we going to start saying they shouldn't work in Khazan because their powers only work in comics? This scenario has certainly happened in comics and movies before.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 09-23-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Forever
    Wherever