Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Y'know, for kids!

That splash page... it's a bit much, isn't it? I don't remember Dixon or Moench ever being that gratuitous with Bane, nor Aparo and Nolan (until now for the latter, apparently).

I'd be interested to know just how much of Knightfall is still in continuity. Is Jean-Paul Valley still canon, for instance?
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

knightfall still happened no JPV
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    knightfall still happened no JPV
    Uh... if no Jean-Paul, then how did it occur? He's pretty instrumental to the story.
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by penguintruth View Post
    Uh... if no Jean-Paul, then how did it occur? He's pretty instrumental to the story.
    Actually, it seems JPV still happened. They just aren't making clear references to it.

Azrael DOES exist. Michael Lane was seen in Batman Incorporated, losing his mind. He still had to inherit that mantle from someone. I doubt he's the first Azrael. I just think DC considers the Jean Paul era closed. It won't be explored again.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Actually, it seems JPV still happened. They just aren't making clear references to it.

Azrael DOES exist. Michael Lane was seen in Batman Incorporated, losing his mind. He still had to inherit that mantle from someone. I doubt he's the first Azrael. I just think DC considers the Jean Paul era closed. It won't be explored again.
    Well, and with good reason. Though I liked him for a while, Jean-Paul wore out his welcome way before he was actually killed off. As much as I love Denny O'Neil's work, that wasn't one of his better creations.

Otaku Revolution

I can see making a hybrid of the movie and comic costumes, but not like this. Blech. Not as bad as the scuba tank strapped to his back though, yikes! How is that supposed to be practical for a guy that spends any time in melee combat?

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    If memory serves, he was off the Venom by his first post-Knightfall appearance. He even made a point of it when he met Batman again in Vengeance of Bane #2. So probably Chuck Dixon?

This interpretation seems to be taking something from the cult leader aspects of The Dark Knight Rises. Bane inspired loyalty from his followers in the original comics, but he also repaid it (up to a point). He wasn't going around snapping their necks and asking them to be grateful for it.
    Bane only did that in the movie when his followers failed at important tasks or proved to be incompetent.

I JUST BLINDED UR BRAIN! Imagine Cobblepot Nude's Avatar

I like the Bane look. I kind of appreciate the lack of some whacky super villain outfit, he's wearing almost regular clothes... plus his trademark mask. I can get behind that.

But I do think the airtank on the back looks a little silly, lol. BUT then again, so does a tank of green goop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine Cobblepot Nude View Post
    I like the Bane look. I kind of appreciate the lack of some whacky super villain outfit, he's wearing almost regular clothes... plus his trademark mask. I can get behind that.

But I do think the airtank on the back looks a little silly, lol. BUT then again, so does a tank of green goop.
    Bane didn't wear a tank on his back. The venom equipment was always on his arm.

I don't really care for the new look for Bane, looks like he's ready to raid a pirate ship. I would have much preferred they either use his old look or use the look that he had in Dark Knight Rises. All in all, Graham Nolan's art is certainly worth the price of admission.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    Bane only did that in the movie when his followers failed at important tasks or proved to be incompetent.
    If memory serves, there was the guy at the beginning that volunteered himself to stay behind on the plane that was going to crash. And he did that bit about the flame rising. But I've only seen TDKR once, so maybe my recollection is off.

Anyway, that seems to be where the cultic aspect first comes in. Other than Bane serving Ra's al Ghul during Legacy.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Uuuuuugh. What is it about Villains' Month that has caused even writers I normally like to fall immediately back onto gratuitous, hackneyed shock value? Five pages in and we've seen Bane murdering henchmen for no reason, watched someone's head explode, and devoted a page's build-up to the "gag" of a stereotypical little girl (pig-tails, pink dress and all) requesting Bane kill her father.

Also, Bane's looking mighty silly with his cross-stitched sides. Is that, like, a skin-tight pirate shirt with straps all over it?

That was different, there were supposed to be a certain number of people on the plane. So, they needed another body so that the correct number could be found by the authorities. That's why that guy stayed behind. Given Bane's attitude in the movie, he'd be more likely to honor that guy for his "selfless and heroic" sacrifice. The cult stuff was quite interesting, so seeing it in the comics could be nice.

And another villain beating a child... What's wrong with DC.
    Magneto, Cyke, Gambit, Psylocke, Green Arrow, Punisher, Winter Soldier, Sinestro.

Cyclops was right.
    Green Arrow is the best book on the market

Bane was never a softy but that scene with the kid is such a kick the dog moment to make him evil........
    I like Tomasi's writing very cool
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn