Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

We're under kamikaze attack by Japanese spammers.

Take Cover
    Last edited by Lexrules; 09-23-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    Originally Posted by Francisco
    In a few years no one other that some aging fanboys like you would remember anything about the Donner film.

Welcome to The Lexrules Hall of Shame...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    We're under kamikaze attack by Japanese spammers.

Take Cover

LOL, and one of them is from Angola.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Superman feared the shit out of doomsday even after he came back to life,didn't you read hunter/prey?
    Read it, liked it for what it was......not in cannon anymore so not really relevant. I don't think this Superman would feel the same towards Doomsday as the old one. This is just like the personality of Superboy has changed. I'm not saying he shouldn't be thinking about the idea of his death when Doomsday is in the question but that doesn't mean he should fear it. The same way he contemplates his death when kryptonite is in question. Kryptonite brings him to 0 it shows his mortality. Doomsday is a bit different in that he physically overpowers Superman and he is almost assured to come back but none of that seems like it would truly spell fear for this Superman. He's faced the idea of death many times and has come through it. In Grant's Action comics he literally faced all of his weaknesses (nearly every from of Kryptonite, a Kryptonian, TP attacks, red sun, someone much stronger than him, and magic from a god) and he still came through it with a smile on his face.

Death doesn't really scare him that much from what I can see.

Doomsday is the boogeyman,everytime he shows there is a possibility someone is going to get killed,including superman,and he knows that,just because he lives through a doomsday appearance doesn't make that any less possible.
    The simple fact that he doesn't kill anyone makes him less impactfull each time.

Doomsday is death,but he is also the perfect weapon to launch at superman,and every villian knows it.he is better than a kryptonite ring,or a red sun lamp,so why wouldn't he be villians first choice to use.also doomsday can be used like a caged animal,or a violent dog on a leash.
    Again, after he stops killing Superman then he becomes less and less relevant till he becomes a false boogeyman who's all hype and no results. His very concept is doomed to decline from the start because of his one note nature.

Also if you cage Doomsday or chain him then doesn't the "unstoppable force" aspect of him go down a lot?

I said Wraith could be a good "new" version for doomsday,not the same monster,just now in the new 52.as in sure wraith could have started out as a wild crazed monster killing everybody on krypton,but evolved into the thinking person wraith is.hell wraith could have come to earth powerless,been taken in from the govt,and over time got more powerful,and decided to use them for the humans who treated him well.maybe having a kryptonian around will make Wraith lose his mind a lil,like he can't stop the urge to rip him to shreds.
    making him run wild would hurt his character if you ask me. He's not pitched as an uncontrollable rage monster instead he's pitched as "Superman done right" He's supposed to be a Superman who decides to spearhead the more complicated "real" problems that our Superman would rather we sort out our selves. I don't think it would make much sense for him to just randomly run wild with no thought to him. He's just not that character and I don't think that's the story Snyder wants to tell.

BANNED

Dem bret booth faces lol lol. Eyes? Not required.

BANNED

Because anything Morrison did needs to be removed. Other writers don't want to follow his lead as is being shown over and over again since he left.

It was a mistake for DC to have him reboot Superman. He went way to left and used his idea's instead of just following the mold of what works. You are seeing all the older look and feel to the characters return because they are known and they work.
    That's all you, man. Grant Morrison was setting up prologues to characters that would be developed later. Steel was a prototype, Metallo was "Metal-Zero", Brainiac was the Collector, etc. He was introducing new versions so others could take them and develop them.

Grant Morrison's Superman loved Superman's history. It was a celebration of the character. I'm sorry that your perception of Superman comes from some crap movie from the 70s, but ours doesn't. We actually read the comics and we know that his Action Comics run was great.

The books have become unreadable without him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    That's all you, man. Grant Morrison was setting up prologues to characters that would be developed later. Steel was a prototype, Metallo was "Metal-Zero", Brainiac was the Collector, etc. He was introducing new versions so others could take them and develop them.

Grant Morrison's Superman loved Superman's history. It was a celebration of the character. I'm sorry that your perception of Superman comes from some crap movie from the 70s, but ours doesn't. We actually read the comics and we know that his Action Comics run was great.

Whoa, now. Superman: The Movie is still the greatest comic book movie of all time.

Because anything Morrison did needs to be removed. Other writers don't want to follow his lead as is being shown over and over again since he left.
    Its actually pretty much the complete opposite. Everyone's been following Morrison's lead. Not even Snyder, whose title is strikingly out of sync with the rest of the Superman line, is outright contradicting anything from Morrison's run. Nothing needs to be removed, nor will it anytime soon.

Again, bringing back Doomsday contradicts nothing about Morrison's run.

Wow, looks really great. I'm not the biggest fan of Brett Booth, but everything looks amazing here; especially Lara's getup. Really looking forward to him taking over semi-regular art duties on the book.

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

It was a mistake for DC to have him reboot Superman. He went way to left and used his idea's instead of just following the mold of what works. You are seeing all the older look and feel to the characters return because they are known and they work.
    DC are undoing his run for purely nostalgia reasons. They can't accept that Morrison's run is truly superior to any other Super ongoing in the last 30 years and his new tale on the Super mythos has outclassed all other writer's attempts at the character. His lasting effect on the franchise may die but once it does, Superman will go back into an unreadable hellhole of garbage again. Just you watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    Whoa, now. Superman: The Movie is still the greatest comic book movie of all time.
    The Dark Knight would suggest otherwise.
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

BANNED

The Dark Knight can suggest all it wants. Superman: The Movie still is the best.

I found that "crap" movie far more entertaining than anything Morrison wrote, and I don't care how well-renowned he is around here. It may have had classic references to the golden, silver, and bronze age out the ass, but Superman: The Movie was a hell of a lot more entertaining.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    DC are undoing his run for purely nostalgia reasons. They can't accept that Morrison's run is truly superior to any other Super ongoing in the last 30 years and his new tale on the Super mythos has outclassed all other writer's attempts at the character. His lasting effect on the franchise may die but once it does, Superman will go back into an unreadable hellhole of garbage again. Just you watch.

The Dark Knight would suggest otherwise.
    And I would suggest the Dark Knight is far far more overrated than Superman: The Movie is ever accused of being.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

Nobody needs to bash anyone else for liking what they like be it Grant Morrison's run or Superman the movie. I for one like both and I think both accomplished what they set out to do respectively quite well. No need to bash them.

Anyways....the Doomsday issue looks very nice and like others have pointed out Booth's art isn't too shabby at all. Man of Steel seems to have taken it's roots in the DNA of the current Superman books, and that's not really a bad thing considering how it's more of a nod to it instead of an out right take over. Zod looks fantastic and is shaping up to be one of my favorite "new" characters.

I read them to, so I know what I'm talking about bud. As much as he loves Superman he was the wrong person to have been rebooting the character.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 09-24-2013 at 06:42 AM.
    In a few years no one other that some aging fanboys like you would remember anything about the Donner film.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    The Dark Knight can suggest all it wants. Superman: The Movie still is the best.
    Amen brother. Still the blueprint that all others are compared and for good reason.