View Poll Results: Will Superior Spider-man #19 Destroy the 2099 universe?

Voters
31. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • yes

11 35.48%
  • no

9 29.03%
  • maybe

11 35.48%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will Superior Spider-man #19 Wipe out the 2099 Universe?

Based on Spock's track record as of late and the preview I saw it seems to me this is all going to end with the destruction of the 2099 universe and considering it's been more or less out of play and thrown in the fridge more or less for the last 15 years I can see this outcome being pretty likely. Feel free to give your thoughts on the matter

This topic is kind of working under some false info. The 2099 universe basically ended years ago already. This is just another one of many.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

I doubt it. We may get a new 2099 series out of it, though.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Well somebody has to do it! Afterall, Marvel has to prepare for when we hit 2099 in 84 years and people ask, "Hey, why aren't the 2099 comics the mainstream now?!"
    Check out my Spark Comics: http://SparkComic.com
    Cyclops Vs. The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/14oECsT
    Superior Spider-Man Vs The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/122FuwE

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    This topic is kind of working under some false info. The 2099 universe basically ended years ago already. This is just another one of many.
    Actually from what we've been told, this is the same Miguel O'Hara from the Spider-Man 2099 book so that makes this the same 2099.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

I think that the time travel theme that is running through just about all of the major titles right now - loosely (to one degree or another) revolving around the Avengers/Age of Ultron/Infinity axis - is designed to shake things up and justify a whole set of changes that Marvel has decided to do.

Speculating - I don't think wiping out 2099 is going to be one of them. Mainly because I see Miguel and his supporting cast as strong characters, popular characters, and characters that for a lot of creative and business reasons it would be a waste to completely write off.

Miguel is actually *such* a good character imo - I wouldn't be surprised if, after this time travel "shattering the space time continuum" thing shakes out, that Miguel - and possibly other members of his cast (his A.I., his brother etc) - are now stuck here in 2013, as either part of the Spock cast or some other title(s).

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Agreed. Exiles wiped it out first. Then Timestorm wiped it out again. This will just wipe out a Miggy that best resembles the one I remember from the 90s.

It seems to be pointing towards Miguel staying in our time. With Miles, Kaine, Otto, Miguel and Flash all experiencing difficulties, I am thinking this is going to lead to some 'War of the Spider-Men' in 2014. Since this whole current storyline has already been done with Batman and Superman, it seems to follow suit that Otto will be found out, and the other spider-powers folks will step up to the plate and try and not only end his career, but also find out what happened to Peter. I think it is more than reasonable to have Kaine, Miles and Miguel operating in other cities around the world when Peter comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSparkplug View Post
    Well somebody has to do it! Afterall, Marvel has to prepare for when we hit 2099 in 84 years and people ask, "Hey, why aren't the 2099 comics the mainstream now?!"
    It doesn't really bother anyone that Frank Castle is a Vietnam vet and would have to be in his mid 60s by now or Colosssus spent his youth growing up on a collective farm in the Soviet Union.

2099 Universe is totally getting erased. Madame Web said the future was ending in a flash of gold or something.

Quote Originally Posted by beebles View Post
    It doesn't really bother anyone that Frank Castle is a Vietnam vet and would have to be in his mid 60s by now or Colosssus spent his youth growing up on a collective farm in the Soviet Union.

2099 Universe is totally getting erased. Madame Web said the future was ending in a flash of gold or something.
    I believe she was referring to the Golden Octobot but yeah it's responsible for whatever kind of hell Doc ock raises as spider-man. Jeez I really wish those Fortune tellers like Madame Web would stop speaking in riddles and for once give a straight answer

I hope it rodent end shit. However Slott seems to be on a destruction kick so why not. With all the freaky time travel/ alt earth stuff thats happening though it seems Marvel is setting the stage for some kinda reboot. If so, at least they seem to be covering ALL the bases. In the end im just happy to see Spidey 2099 in action again.

Whereas slott is constant average: Kill, ruins the life of a character, kill, etc.. There is a possibility that is so, since in the previous arc Phil ruined life.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic View Post
    I believe she was referring to the Golden Octobot but yeah it's responsible for whatever kind of hell Doc ock raises as spider-man. Jeez I really wish those Fortune tellers like Madame Web would stop speaking in riddles and for once give a straight answer
    But then Seers and time travelers would cease to be the most useless of characters in all of fiction.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    But then Seers and time travelers would cease to be the most useless of characters in all of fiction.
    I think prison guards take that spot.

It's interesting to note that Spider-Man 2099's appearance in the book predates the final issues of the series. So it may end up retconning a few of the last issues, set just prior to Peter David's departure from the book.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?