Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elder Member

Default PREVIEW: Ultimate Comics: All-New Spider-Man #27

God bless the Venom Blast. Miles might be able to KO Galactus with that
    Buy The Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    God bless the Venom Blast. Miles might be able to KO Galactus with that
    Galactus, Herald of Miles Morales the Conqueror!!!!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Well looks like Miles can emit a venom blast from anywhere on his body, cool. Haha, another issue with a venom blast another series of complaints about it. He didn't even knock out the Taskmaster just knocked him back. I'm looking forward to this issue being an action issue because the last couple have been setting up the new characters and Bombshell's background.

Not only did we get a venom blast, but we a moment of Miles forgetting he has it! Not complaining, but at this point I think it's almost supposed to be a running gag.
    Pull list: UC Spider-Man, UC The Ultimates, UC X-Men, Thor God of Thunder, Wolverine and the X-Men, All-New X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, New Avengers, A+X, Hawkeye. And I buy event books.

There is nothing is wrong with Miles winning a fight with his Venom blast that's like complaining about Wolverine winning a fight with his claws, Storm with lightening etc
    Buy The Punisher

BANNED

Just to let you know, issue #28 (the one after next) has been delayed a week.
    http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...for-09-25-2013

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    There is nothing is wrong with Miles winning a fight with his Venom blast that's like complaining about Wolverine winning a fight with his claws, Storm with lightening etc
    Wolverine having claws doesn't mean he can use the claws properly, Miles gets a lucky shot, thats why people dislike venom blast, it's an easy victory.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Wolverine having claws doesn't mean he can use the claws properly, Miles gets a lucky shot, thats why people dislike venom blast, it's an easy victory.
    Yes, Miles' Venom Blast is a nasty surprise for anyone who comes close enough to touch him, and it is stagnating Miles' growth as a fighter, like an overused mary-sue escape mechanism. Peter Parker got beaten up a lot during his first few arcs, but that only forced him to fight harder. Miles needs some more solid villains that are going to pose a greater physical threat to him. Perhaps Tombstone will be immune to the Venom Blast?? I strongly believe that this series needs to show a greater emphasis on villains, and give Miles his Big 3, like Peter had Osbourne, Doc Ock and Fisk. I think this would force Miles to become a good fighter, taking him from Spider-Boy to Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    It's not a lucky shot if it connects which is what any fighter will tell you

All this does is show that Miles can use it from any part of his body, he freaked out that Taskmaster was going to unmask him and he had no knowing physical way to stop him but found out otherwise.

We might as well just have Rouge's absorption power be regulated to just her hands and not her entire body
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Yes, Miles' Venom Blast is a nasty surprise for anyone who comes close enough to touch him, and it is stagnating Miles' growth as a fighter, like an overused mary-sue escape mechanism. Peter Parker got beaten up a lot during his first few arcs, but that only forced him to fight harder. Miles needs some more solid villains that are going to pose a greater physical threat to him. Perhaps Tombstone will be immune to the Venom Blast?? I strongly believe that this series needs to show a greater emphasis on villains, and give Miles his Big 3, like Peter had Osbourne, Doc Ock and Fisk. I think this would force Miles to become a good fighter, taking him from Spider-Boy to Spider-Man.
    Yeah I would like to see some more focus on villains as well. Miles' Venom blast is what it is and it looks like fans will just have to accept it, even if it does still come across as a instant fix. Hopefully Bendis will start to give Miles some other options to win a fight like outsmarting his opponent or just webbing some one up.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

What i took from his venom blast being so powerful in the preview was since he was scared he lashed out blindly. Pretty much every comic company does similar things with their characters.
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    It's not a lucky shot if it connects which is what any fighter will tell you

All this does is show that Miles can use it from any part of his body, he freaked out that Taskmaster was going to unmask him and he had no knowing physical way to stop him but found out otherwise.

We might as well just have Rouge's absorption power be regulated to just her hands and not her entire body
    This Venom Blast ability doesn't give Miles much urgency to fight well, as villains can go down by merely placing their hand on him. It's actually difficult to determine whether this was an attack at all. Miles was just lying there.

What worries me further is that Bendis seems to be gradually making it more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    What worries me further is that Bendis seems to be gradually making it more powerful.
    It wouldn't it be really out there if that ends up being able to hurt galactus
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

The solicit says roxxon created venom. Hopefully bendis didnt just ignore that richard parker creates venom..... He probably did