Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I think I'm 5'9" or 5'10", I don't keep score. I never knew height was an issue, or 5'9" was considered short, until very recently when reading comments online from women who say they don't date guys under 6'2" or whatever. I have a feeling they don't bust out a measuring tape and have dated men shorter than that in the past and will date men shorter than that in the future. Women just like men can have that thing where their standards go sky high on the internet while in real life they're considerably less picky. I've seen guys say things like "Gross, you think Jessica Alba is hot? Look at her!" and I know for a fact what caliber women they deal with in real life and have to chuckle a bit.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
    I'm a guy, I'm only 5'3 1/2, and I'm 21, so I guess I won't grow anymore, despite growing half an inch in the last few weeks. I'm worried no girl will want me.
    Dude, there's a lot of guys, especially actors who are really short out there living kickass lives. I don't think Robert Downey Jr. is that much taller than you, Tom Cruise is damn short too. 5'4" maybe? Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    I think I'm 5'9" or 5'10", I don't keep score. I never knew height was an issue, or 5'9" was considered short, until very recently when reading comments online from women who say they don't date guys under 6'2" or whatever. I have a feeling they don't bust out a measuring tape and have dated men shorter than that in the past and will date men shorter than that in the future. Women just like men can have that thing where their standards go sky high on the internet while in real life they're considerably less picky. I've seen guys say things like "Gross, you think Jessica Alba is hot? Look at her!" and I know for a fact what caliber women they deal with in real life and have to chuckle a bit.
    I'm right around 6'2" (6'1" and like 3/4), and I'm a lean guy so I come off as tall, and probably seem a lot taller than I am. I've heard women prefer taller men, and I've had them tell me this. Usually when I girl compliments your height it's a sign she finds you sexually attractive, but as far as I can tell it doesn't make much of a difference. Purely academic speculation. Doesn't really seem to make a difference in practice. Too many other factors to consider.

Not a lot you can do about it anyway, you should try to like yourself better. (5.8 personally)

I assume your username means "Video Game" Addict.

While it's true many women won't find much attractive about that, it is not unheard of that there are women with the same interests.

You probably aren't going to meet them in one of those MMPOGRTMVPO-type game scenarios where you fall in love as avatars until the depths of your passion make you decide to fly across country to meet in real life. You might have to actually get out and do it. There are probably gamers clubs and groups you can join in real life.

Broaden your horizons, read more, expand the breadth of your interests and what you have to talk about.

Learn to handle rejection. It's part of the dating cycle for everybody. You win some, you lose some but you keep going.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

insect of destiny fly on the wall's Avatar

Fat women will date you.
    fly on the wall

"A watched pot never boils unless you have heat vision."

--Anonymous

There are more than enough tiny girls to date.
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

insect of destiny fly on the wall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    There are more than enough tiny girls to date.
    Not necessarily. I dated a small woman who said she only dated tall men.
    fly on the wall

"A watched pot never boils unless you have heat vision."

--Anonymous

Even girls my height want tall guys.

I DESERVE a reasonably attractive girlfriend, and I won't get that with a 4'11-5'0 girl that looks like a 14 year old.

I don't want to have to settle for a short, ugly, desperate girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Romero View Post
    I assume your username means "Video Game" Addict.

While it's true many women won't find much attractive about that, it is not unheard of that there are women with the same interests.

You probably aren't going to meet them in one of those MMPOGRTMVPO-type game scenarios where you fall in love as avatars until the depths of your passion make you decide to fly across country to meet in real life. You might have to actually get out and do it. There are probably gamers clubs and groups you can join in real life.

Broaden your horizons, read more, expand the breadth of your interests and what you have to talk about.

Learn to handle rejection. It's part of the dating cycle for everybody. You win some, you lose some but you keep going.
    This is what I try to explain to hardcore nerds in dating threads. If you have a set of really focused interests, like video games or comics, and that's basically all you're into, fine. No one is judging you for having intense interests. Having an intense interest is a good thing, it can actually lead to a high level of success in said "thing". But you're going to run into a problem of that being the only type of person you can date, which is also fine, but, you're going to have to double your efforts to make sure you find someone already in that clique.

Otherwise you just have to get out more and try new things.

I fall into recommending the latter category, especially with geek hobbies because I see them more as solitary hobbies, not really great ways to meet people.

But you totally can meet people like you!

You just can't have the life of a dashing playboy necessarily. You may have limited your interests too much for that, but that's really nothing to fret over. That serial dating lifestyle is overrated anyways.

But there's a definite give and take and compromise involved. If you're not willing to do that then you have to learn to live with being a single until you finally do meet that person who lines up well enough with your interests.

Could I grow a little more?

Possibly.

I did.

I was definitely 6'1", maybe 6'1/2" going through college, then at about 27-28 I crept up to 6'2". I've heard this happens. Like one last small growth spirt, but it's not across the board nor is it common.

Like I said though, it's an overrated quality. There's a great article on Cracked.com today on how to get laid [more], and it makes a great point about how sex is really just a fun activity people enjoy together, not a prize or a drug as so many like to paint it. It's fun. You start learning to be a fun person, and fun will happen. You be the person who's constantly a Debbie downer and talks about how you're not tall enough, attractive enough or interesting enough compared to all these other people, you're never going to get anywhere. You're just going to exist as a painful reminder to everyone else how much better everyone else is than you.
    Last edited by ShadowBoxing; 09-20-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Even girls my height want tall guys.

I DESERVE a reasonably attractive girlfriend, and I won't get that with a 4'11-5'0 girl that looks like a 14 year old.

I don't want to have to settle for a short, ugly, desperate girl.
    Shallow much? Even you don't want a short girl, and given that you're short yourself, what makes you DESERVE a reasonably attractive girl? What did you do to deserve it? It certainly isn't believing in yourself and being confident.

BANNED

Stilts...........

[Please delete. Double post.]
    Last edited by Bruce Twain; 09-20-2013 at 08:36 AM.