Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: Were You Able To Get The 3D Villains Month Covers You Wanted?

Were You Able To Get The 3D Villains Month Covers You Wanted?

DC's Villain's Month is winding down, and CBR wonders how you made out in getting the special (and heavily allocated) 3-D covers from your local retailer!

Vote on the poll here.

Yes. My retailer has gotten me all the 3D covers I requested. And I've enjoyed them.

Bat-Rookie CarolinaBatmanFanGuy's Avatar

Nope even though mine got pulled apparently they have large amounts of subscribers to the dark knight and teen titans (although I had a trigon 3D last week and didn't want it I wanted Deathstroke this week which pisses me off. Besides not getting the dark knight 3-D's I got all the rest and assume ill get the others later this month, ill probably ebay the 5 I missed down the road.
    Check out CBFG's Big Read

Current Series: Wonder Woman

Pulls: Batman, Detective, Batman &, Bat/Sup, JL, Earth 2, Beyond, '66, Eternal, Future's End, ANXF

I went for the 2d. I lived through the gimmick cover craze of the 90s. I didn't see the appeal then, and I don't really see it now
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

Yes, with the exception of Clayface. That one seems to be in very short supply. I realize it's a gimmick, but they are nice looking and pretty fun. So I'm ok with that. They were all pulled by my LCS with that one exception where they ran out. Clayface seems difficult to find online too. Guess there was a very limited print run on that one.

I've been able to get the covers I've wanted, but it's taken some rearranging of my schedule, I've had to take an early lunch to be at my LCS at 9:30 otherwise I wouldn't have been able to pick up one of the 9 copies of Harley Quinn they received or any of the other scarce titles I've wanted.

Where is the option for - I was unable to get the 2D covers I wanted because all they had were the 3D?

Quote Originally Posted by BCYa View Post
    Where is the option for - I was unable to get the 2D covers I wanted because all they had were the 3D?
    Or the option - I got SOME of the 3D covers I wanted, but not all.

I was going for the 3D covers but after DCBS told me I may not get all of them I opted for the 2D covers. I knew if I didn't get all of them my stupid comic book OCD would have me on ebay overpaying for them. Save myself the headache.

I only bought two of the 3D covers cause they looked cool but other than that they were 2D. Im very happy that villains month is winding down , very boring and unnecessary imo.

I skipped the entire thing, much like I've skipped ALL of DC since the New52 relaunch. So in that sense, I got every cover I wanted.
    I'm quite pleased with my purchases.
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

Chromium Covers, Hologram Covers, Foil Covers, Gold Foil Covers, I am almost certain I am missing a few.

I got Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Clayface and Cheetah in 3-D, only missing Dial E, which I now find is rare? Apparently Clayface is too though...makes me want to see how much it'll sell for! Ha! Kinda fancied Joker's Daughter and First Born in 3-D but I have a feeling the former will be v.hard to find and neither were my main wants.

What ones are known to be rare, does anyone know?
    Pull list: X-Men, FF, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, Marvel Knights: Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Batman, Earth 2, Superman/Wonder Woman, Saga

DC really screwed the pooch on this "event". I pre-ordered my comics 2 months in advance from DCBS and still wasn't able to get all the 3D covers I had ordered. What the hell is the point of a pre-order if DC can't meet the demands?!?

You act like DC cares what you want..see DCnU and Villian Month