Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The curious one.

I'm pretty sure that the first heroine was Miss. Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the first heroine was Miss. Fury.
    According to google it's...

Sheena, Queen of the Jungle (The first heroine comic) 1937
    Fanthom Feb 1940
    Black Widow Aug 1940
    Catwoman spring 1941
    Nelvana of the Northern Lights Aug 1941
    Phantom Lady Aug 1941
    Miss America Aug 1941
    Miss Fury Apr 1941
    Wonder Woman Jan 1942

Original Black Widow appeared in Twelve, right?
    lots of dots

Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

Personally I think it was questionable timing to have Ms.Marvel change her handle and general look after a 50 issue series followed by tv coverage ala A:EMH. Too many or poorly timed switches would seem possibly counterproductive to momentum.
    Stuff people complain about on boards is stuff that sells best.Stuff boards & Tumblr support almost uniformly sells poorly.I am not happy about this,it makes me sad.But itís true-Gail Simone(edit)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    The first female superhero was Fantomah and the orginal Black Widow has nothing in common with the current one, she worked for Satan killing people for their souls.
    plus Natasha Romanov was created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko in 1964 or there abouts.

I definitely foresee Marvel releasing a solo female titled film before DC.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull in a skirt View Post
    I definitely foresee Marvel releasing a solo female titled film before DC.
    I foresee our sun going nova before DC/WB puts out a female superhero film.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    The sun went Nova before the release of Supergirl? Or Catwoman?

I doubt either will release a female superhero film any time soon.
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post

I doubt either will release a female superhero film any time soon.
    I think he meant a good, critically acclaimed heroine movie.

For myself I think the best thing that DC could do would be to put out a Black Canary movie, followed by a Katana movie, A Huntress movie and so on, moving through their roster of lesser known, lower powered heroines, (Heck Booster Gold and his sister would be a fun movie to see if you throw in Blue Beetle as the love interest for the sister) keeping the same director and writers. Keep the movies in the DCU with mentions and reference to the big name heroes and making sure they all live on the same planet. After two or three movies the directors and writers have an idea of what works, what doesn't work and with that experience they could go into a Wonder Woman movie.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MelDyer View Post
    Still not sure why Marvel needs a Wonder Woman...

As for superheroines, Marvel has Black Widow (the first comic book superheroine), She-Hulk, Storm, Dark Phoenix, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Woman, Gamorra...so on, so forth. Why can't it promote the HELL out of the other superheroines, I just named, until she's easily associated with the top-tier heroes? I think you can do that with Black Widow! Why does it need a Wonder Woman or a super-heroine, who is Wonder-Woman-like?

Why does it need to keep trying to rush-develop or re-invent Ms. Marvel, dangling her over our plates, like she's a vegetable we don't want to eat? I feel like this character is being forced on us and always have. I've always felt Ms. Marvel was somewhat superfluous and never cared for her.
    That is indeed a Good Question and really I have to give Marvel credit right now, they seem to be heading in that direction with their major female heroes. The main point being the movies, you had with Avengers Black Widow got a big boost to her profile and now with Avengers 2 in 2015, my favorite, Scarlet Witch, aka Wanda Maximoff will be an important character in the movie.

The push is coming in the comics as well, going off of what the movies are doing as well. It is a start and all I can hope is that it continues on this upward, yet steady movement cause Marvel, unlike DC, has not promoted their female heroes as much and/or as well like DC has with Wonder Women, BatGirl, SuperGirl and others.

Really, Marvel does not NEED a Wonder Women like Super Heroine that is of a similar mold as Diana is. What is the main thing that Marvel needs to do is to find that Female Hero that could be looked at as a Major Leader and idol of the Marvel U that others, both male and female look up to, that has always been one of Wonder Women's major strengths, she is always looked as a leader among heroes.

Now who could that be in Marvel? Well, Marvel has not gotten to that point yet, but they are on a path to hopefully finding out, with rumors of Ms. Marvel and Wasp in movies and others Like Black Widow and Scarlet Witch already in leads, it is not just who will and can take that role, but keep it and seem like she belongs their.

Also, finally, I agree, I have NO IDEA how DC and Warner Bros have NOT been able to come up with a Wonder Women Movie??? If Marvel/Disney can do Thor and Asgard, DC/Warner can indeed do Diana and Themyscira.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 09-21-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    I meant a watchable one that had some effort and talent and budget put into it, and was not just a cheap Batman or Superman spin-off.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

I meant a watchable one that had some effort and talent and budget put into it, and was not just a cheap Batman or Superman spin-off.
    DC can't put out male superhero movies that are watchable with effort and talent put into them that are not Batman and Superman movies, so asking for female superhero movies with such qualities seem too much.

And you can throw as much money at a turd as much as you want, but it's still just a turd. Watchmen and Green Lantern are pretty terrible, even with their massive budgets.
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post
    **As this is a WW board, and I got sidetracked.....Diana rules! Best superheroine ever! Put her in pants!!**
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Original Black Widow appeared in Twelve, right?
    Yup!

I would say Marvel wants this to be true but Carol is not even close yet.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Well that because DC is incompetent. Marvel u have to assume is going to eventually run out of viable male heroes.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February