Default What was up with Spider-man's underarm web wings?

Sometimes you see them, sometimes you don't. Were the wings use for gliding? Notice you don't see them in any of the cartoons. I guess the artists found it easy to draw him without them.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMagneto View Post
    Sometimes you see them, sometimes you don't. Were the wings use for gliding? Notice you don't see them in any of the cartoons. I guess the artists found it easy to draw him without them.
    They made their way finally into the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, just as another way to pay tribute to Ditko. I've always thought it was just a preference thing as far as in the comics, whoever feels like drawing them will draw them.

Ya know, I like the under ARM webs. They don't serve any purpose but are cool. Bring back the underwent webs Damn it !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMagneto View Post
    Actually, if we believe Roger Stern speaking trough Peter's internal dialogue, the reason was that "The netting on my old suit had ripped out long ago, and I couldn't find replacements for the longest time". ASM #231 p.6 panel 1.