Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Captain America, #11

"Captain America" #11 by Rick Remender and Carlos Pacheco brings the character back to the real world as Dimension Z gets left behind.

Full review here.

So, how much time exactly has passed in the real world between the time Cap was sucked into Dimension Z and when he came back?
    Pull List: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, GL: New Guardians, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Red Lanterns, Saga, Silver Surfer, Swamp Thing, The Wake, Wonder Woman

This story was so out of character for Cap it was sad. Yup just going to burn all my stuff on the roof. Horrible. And where did Cap get all that stuff from. I mean his home and the mansion have been destroyed so many times he is lucky to have and clothes left. Just poor story telling. 1 star.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    So, how much time exactly has passed in the real world between the time Cap was sucked into Dimension Z and when he came back?
    Like 30 minutes - an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemizer View Post
    This story was so out of character for Cap it was sad. Yup just going to burn all my stuff on the roof. Horrible. And where did Cap get all that stuff from. I mean his home and the mansion have been destroyed so many times he is lucky to have and clothes left. Just poor story telling. 1 star.
    Neither of those things are out of character. It's fairly comical that you're offended Captain America has possessions.
    Comics are more better.

I hated the last arc, even though it had a distant start. i'll give this one more chance but i doubt my thoughts will change on this

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Wait...what?? For real?
    Pull List: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, GL: New Guardians, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Red Lanterns, Saga, Silver Surfer, Swamp Thing, The Wake, Wonder Woman

Does anyone else get the feeling that Pacheco is bored with comics? His work back in the 1990s and early 2000s had panache -- a fluid sense of layout and characterization. His work here and particularly on Age of Ultron has looked disinterested, to me at least; it's all technically competent, so far as I can see, but it has none of the majesty he brought to Avengers Forever or his X-Men work back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla90210 View Post
    Does anyone else get the feeling that Pacheco is bored with comics? His work back in the 1990s and early 2000s had panache -- a fluid sense of layout and characterization. His work here and particularly on Age of Ultron has looked disinterested, to me at least; it's all technically competent, so far as I can see, but it has none of the majesty he brought to Avengers Forever or his X-Men work back in the day.
    But who was the inker back then?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post

Neither of those things are out of character. It's fairly comical that you're offended Captain America has possessions.
    It WAS kinda jarring.

I don't think I've ever seen Cap's apartment depicted like a veritable museum before and I'm fairly familiar
    with the character.

But as soon as I saw that set up I knew where the story was gonna go.

I was more amused than anything else. He 's got one little tiny pic of Sharon but
    has all these huge ass pics of himself in heroic poses.

I've loved Pacheco's art since I read Avengers: Forever. I still love his art on Captain America and think it's superb, with Johnson's coloring, I think it blends in a unique and great style. And I'm still loving Remender's work. I wasn't expecting the "Cap Cave" but still thought it was pretty cool. I enjoyed getting a little bit more info on Jet's abilities and powers. All in all, I really liked the issue.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Jesus Merino. Pacheco was inked by Roger Martinez on AoU, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Marino, and before that Art Thibert in the 90's.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It WAS kinda jarring.

I don't think I've ever seen Cap's apartment depicted like a veritable museum before and I'm fairly familiar
    with the character.

But as soon as I saw that set up I knew where the story was gonna go.

I was more amused than anything else. He 's got one little tiny pic of Sharon but
    has all these huge ass pics of himself in heroic poses.
    I'm assuming all the pictures of him in those poses would have been gifts from fans and such.

And the idea of having Steve go to the roof and burn tons of HISTORICAL ARTIFACTS is both annoying and so wasteful. If he wants to move on from the past, he should have just packed that stuff up and donated it to a museum or some VA hospitals where it could be put to good use to remind future generations of what the Nazis did in the past.

If he wants to forget his past, that's one thing. But having future generations forget the past? That's downright dangerous.

And since it was Cap's past that was one of the things that I liked best about this hero, I guess I'll forget about ever buying any future issues as long as Remender is still writing this mess.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Love this issue. Good to see Nuke around. Janson's inks really helped keep continuity between JRJR and Pacheco