Default First Appearance of Earth-1 Superman??

Which comic book indicated the first true appearance of earth-1 Superman? What was the last issue of earth-2 Superman?

I think for earth-1 Batman appearances was in Detective Comics #327 (Displaying the new yellow bat symbol)

When the comics were being written, there was no cut-off point. Comic fans and writers picked out a point after the fact in order to make the Earth 1 and Earth 2 retcon fit into the publishing history. If you're reading the issues, the Silver Age is a progression of what was going on in the Golden Age, with retcons popping up along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by vane0326 View Post
    Which comic book indicated the first true appearance of earth-1 Superman? What was the last issue of earth-2 Superman?

I think for earth-1 Batman appearances was in Detective Comics #327 (Displaying the new yellow bat symbol)
    The "simple" answer for the first appearance of the Earth-1 Superman is More Fun Comics #101 -- the first appearance of Superboy. Since the Earth-2 Superman never had a career as Superboy, when Superboy debuted, he was "obviously" the Earth-1 Superman as a boy. MFC #101 was published in late 1944, well before the Silver Age.

If you want a good discussion of this issue, go to Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics.

For Superman, go here: http://www.dcindexes.com/features/fa...e=dc&article=7 and http://www.dcindexes.com/features/fa...e=dc&article=8

For Batman, go here: http://www.dcindexes.com/features/fa...e=dc&article=9

Not to burst your bubble, but the first line of the latter article begins, "Repeat after me...The first appearance of the Earth-1 Batman is NOT Detective Comics #327!"
    Currently reading far too many comics to list (mostly DC/Vertigo), despite the best hope of my parents that I'd outgrow comics by the time I turned 50.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    For Superman, go here: http://www.dcindexes.com/features/fa...e=dc&article=7 and http://www.dcindexes.com/features/fa...e=dc&article=8

For Batman, go here: http://www.dcindexes.com/features/fa...e=dc&article=9

Not to burst your bubble, but the first line of the latter article begins, "Repeat after me...The first appearance of the Earth-1 Batman is NOT Detective Comics #327!"
    For Batman, it would probably be the first time he interacted with a character who is based on Earth-One...perhaps his first team-up with the Earth-One Superman, or in the Justice League of America's debut in THE BRAVE & THE BOLD # 28.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    The comic book industry/medium is paradoxically the most fragile and most resilient thing in the world. Its noisiest critics insist every day that every cough, sputter, or dirty look threatens to destroy it, but it has survived every prediction of its demise for nearly eight decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    For Batman, it would probably be the first time he interacted with a character who is based on Earth-One...perhaps his first team-up with the Earth-One Superman, or in the Justice League of America's debut in THE BRAVE & THE BOLD # 28.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Actually, Mike Voiles (of Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics) makes the same argument, more or less, in the article I linked. Only he places the Earth-1 Batman's first appearance in Batman #62, in the story that features the debut of the Knight & Squire (for all you Batman, Inc. fans out there!).
    Currently reading far too many comics to list (mostly DC/Vertigo), despite the best hope of my parents that I'd outgrow comics by the time I turned 50.

Superman, specifically, probably around Action Comics #241.

I bet most of those Batman stories Detective Comics #203-#327 took place on Earth-2A, rather than Earth-One.
    Last edited by Bdiggs; 09-18-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdiggs View Post
    Superman, specifically, probably around Action Comics #241.

I bet most of those Batman stories Detective Comics #203-#327 took place on Earth-2A, rather than Earth-One.
    DC's only "official" statement on the first appearance of the Silver Age (aka Earth-1) Superman is from their run of DC Cosmic Cards, back in the 1990s sometime. They listed his first appearance as Superman #76, the first time he meets and teams up with Batman.

There was no equivalent set of cards for Batman (go figure). So we only have the statement in Who's Who, which gave us Detective Comics #327. That's clearly erroneous, if only because he'd been appearing as a member of the JLA for years prior to that comic, which was published in early 1964.

First Earth-One Batman is definitely Superman #76, because the Superman and Batman of Earth-Two had met before in All-Star Comics. It's the earliest Batman story that clearly contradicts an earlier story that is an Earth-Two story.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.