Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Of course it can be retconned later if DC decides they fucked up cancelling Hellblazer.
    This is one of the rare cases where the excuse "It's magic, we don't have to explain it" would work!

The TPB sales were very strong with it and eventually they may realize the error they made. So maybe once sales comes into play , the character will return.
    That's a good point, and I really don't see why it was decided to recreate Constantine as a young man, when the role he currently plays could have been assumed by a new character. It's not as if another magician in a trenchcoat would have been a problem: it would just have been one more guy for the trenchcoat brigade. Had he been called James Augustine, he could have had all the trappings that DC wanted to attract their hypothetical new and younger readers: a haunted iPhone, a magical living tattoo, one eye that's actually Odin's missing one, a steampunk gun that kills devils, a knife made from one of satan's feathers and a trenchcoat made from Superman's kryptonian security blanket. Augustine! Scourge of evil!!!

Meanwhile, John Constantine could have gone on as usual, getting older and crankier. (In fact, how do we reconcile Bad blood with the Hellblazer series, now?)

Because I doubt the Constantine title at DC will last longer than 2 years. Even if its drop has been low thus far as its only went down 12,000 from #1 to #6 in terms of numbers. (Usually drops are bigger )
    That's when he'll get cyborg parts. Haunted cyborg parts.
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

Speaking as someone who's probably read 150 issues of Hellblazer and liked... eh, maybe 4 of them I completely support the change. I kind of like the idea of J.C. as cynical reader identification figure among all the DC Universe wackiness ala Moore's Twilight of the Superheroes pitch.
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

I'm pretty open to new things, but the DCnU has def been a mixed bag.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    I'm pretty open to new things, but the DCnU has def been a mixed bag.
    Well I don't think the average quality went down from what immediately proceeded it. (Note that this is not technically a compliment. It went from "very little I'm interested in reading" to "very little I'm interestrd in reading.")
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Reptisaurus! View Post
    Well I don't think the average quality went down from what immediately proceeded it. (Note that this is not technically a compliment. It went from "very little I'm interested in reading" to "very little I'm interestrd in reading.")
    To be honest, that's where I stood around the time of Flashpoint. It didn't seem like DC got particularly worse right after Flashpoint. But in hindsight, things probably got worse at DC for several months leading up to Flashpoint, because writers were getting notice that they needed to wrap up all their current storylines before the reboot. Imagine the usual level of disruption caused by a big crossover storyline, then multiply it by a factor of ten or more. And even aside from that, the pre-Flashpoint characters at least were still well-developed characters operating in a rich setting based upon a lot of great past stories. Post-Flashpoint, these characters were not much more than the efforts of the post-Flashpoint creative team, at least outside of the Bat and GL titles.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    What there's three Lobos post Flashpoint now? I thought there were only two.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well there was 2 versions of Lobo that showed up within the last 2 years. The last one is near the classic Biker Lobo all the fans love. DC decided to claim they were clones and the real , absolute real deal Lobo is gonna hunt down the fake and kill him. Of course people have mocked the new version of Lobo and I'm sure in 3-5 years the character will die as well and revealed to be a clone.
    Technically the claim could be made that is actually 4. The Liefeld version. The 2nd was an appearance in Batman Beyond (that was very much classic Biker LOBO) The Stormwatch Multidiemsional/New Origin,and the Blue Jackman version.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I don't even see the logic. Remember the backlash against John Byrne's Doom Patrol, when he deleted away their entire history? That's the DCnU, only more comprehensive in scope with the deletions. Yeah, the clean slate may be a good jumping on point for a new reader, but that makes it a very obvious jumping off point for an existing reader.
    I was so freaking confused with that. Really couldn't get my mind around it.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyWKramer View Post
    Still,we're talking about a guy named Nick Necro.

Sounds like someone who would hang out with someone named Pete Pedo.

Not the name of someone Constantine should be concerned about in any way.

And the John Constantine I read about wouldn't ever wear a coat that had previously been worn by a guy named Nick Necro.
    I can't confirm this, but I heard that the Nick Necro character's lame/douche factor is supposed to be intentional as he is a caricature of the Keanu Reeves version of Hellblazer.
    Life looks better in black and white.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This one just happened and is a heck of a situation change from the comics.

Post Crisis - Clark Kent reveals he is Superman to Lois Lane.

In the Post Crisis , Lois Lane & Clark Kent got engaged. Clark knew that he loved Lois and that he had to reveal who he was. So in Action Comics #662 , he shocked Lois by revealing that he was in fact ...Superman. This change was big at time and people would joke...for an investigative reporter , Lois sure didn't seem to do her homework well on Superman.

Post Flashpoint - Lois Lane learns Clark Kent is Superman .

In the post Flashpoint DCU , Lois Lane and Clark Kent aren't dating. In the conclusion of Psi War , Superman is getting beaten badly by the Psycho Pirate. His mind is weakened and he lays in a near coma. Lois herself has been given some power as a result of her investigation. She herself in a coma , Lois comes and helps him recover. At the end of this storyline , she reveals she knows Clark Kent is Superman as she goes back into a coma.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

It was interesting that Lois saved the day in that one. I can't help but wonder if she will have her memories of the incident erased from her mind by the time she gets out of her coma.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Holy crap, "Psi War" can't really be the name of a storyline in 2013.

Interesting with the Lois thing.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

I decided to wait a few months and give some time to do more of these. Well folks its time for the return of Post Flashpoint changes to the DCU !

Pre/Post Crisis - Lana Lang as a teenager and adult had feelings for Clark Kent .

Lana Lang in the Pre/Post Crisis had romantic feelings towards Clark Kent. She would for years even show up in Metropolis as a rival for Clark's affections to Lois Lane. Eventually when the bronze era of DC Comics began the writers shifted her to a job at WGBS to work across from Clark Kent as a TV reporter. This would last til the very end of the era .
    In the Post Crisis DCU , they changed things up a bit more. Lana still had feelings for Clark Kent as a teenager and as an adult . She would eventually stay in Smallville and become Pete Ross wife. The 2 would have children and she would even become his 1st lady when Ross became President of the United States. Her last job was CEO of Lexcorp when Lex Luthor went to jail which brought her to Metropolis finally for good.

Post Flashpoint - Lana Lang has a job outside Metropolis

Unlike in years past when Lana Lang had feelings for Clark as an adult still , the current Lana doesn't seem to. She took a job as an Electrical Engineer traveling the globe. Its Clark who still has feelings for her it seems and she was recently re-introduced in Greg Pak's "Action Comics" run.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

I haven't read that much New 52... but I could have sworn Lana was CEO of Lexcorp again.... you sure about the engineer thing?

Incidently, I liked her character more in Smallville than in any comic version.
    Like Kyle Rayner? Check out my classic review thread:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...s-by-Wildfire)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire2099 View Post
    I haven't read that much New 52... but I could have sworn Lana was CEO of Lexcorp again.... you sure about the engineer thing?

Incidently, I liked her character more in Smallville than in any comic version.
    Its what they claimed in a CBR interview piece with Pak a few weeks back. That she became an Electrical Engineer.