Thumbs up Is the Crime Syndicate here to stay?

We've seen Crime Syndicate stories before and by the end of the story, they always go back to their home-world. They've apparently destroyed their home-world. What does that mean for the characters? Will they be main-stayers on this Earth? If they are defeated, where will they go? Sent off into space? A different dimension? Prison? Will it be with some sort of magic? Whatever it is, it seems like this time will be much different than any other. That makes the team much more of a threat than ever before and also lends itself to great storytelling.
    What do you think? Are they here to stay this time around?

I hope not.

I never really cared for the CSA in the old continuity, and so far the DCnU versions haven't impressed me either. Exile to a different dimension sounds like a good option...

They'll be killed or locked away again or put on a new earth, i would have prefered they'd not blow up their world. Now we'll only see the CSA world in flashbacks or in flames
    Marvel:Scarlet Spider, Young Avengers, Revolutionary War
    DC:Wonder Woman, Injustice, Sandman Overture
    A Bunch other labels

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

They are a plot device for the creation of the Secret Society of Super Villains. I don't think that Lex is going to put together the SSoSV to fight the CSA and just forget about it when Superman gets back. Do you?

It is the Marvel event schedule all over again. One event leads to the next, leads to the next, leads to the next, leads to the.... zzzzzz. Sorry, I fell asleep waiting for a satisfactory conclusion to a DC event.

(I wasn't this cynical about it two years ago... I wonder what could have happened that would push me away from 75 year old characters with legacies I loved.)

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    It is the Marvel event schedule all over again. One event leads to the next, leads to the next, leads to the next, leads to the.... zzzzzz. Sorry, I fell asleep waiting for a satisfactory conclusion to a DC event.

(I wasn't this cynical about it two years ago... I wonder what could have happened that would push me away from 75 year old characters with legacies I loved.)
    I think you partially answered your own question there

One of the reasons i can't read Batman stuff anymore.
    Marvel:Scarlet Spider, Young Avengers, Revolutionary War
    DC:Wonder Woman, Injustice, Sandman Overture
    A Bunch other labels

In the sense of a recurring threat, I think absolutely. But the bulk will surely be returned to their own universe.

Well, we still don't know where the League is, so even though the CSA said that they destroyed their world (while puffing out their chests), they might have been kicked off planet by someone else, and now the League is stuck there.

Anyway, as much as I like the CSA, I wouldn't want them stuck "here" and imprisoned like some random villain. They get beat, then they go home -- that's the deal.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Well, we still don't know where the League is, so even though the CSA said that they destroyed their world (while puffing out their chests), they might have been kicked off planet by someone else, and now the League is stuck there.

Anyway, as much as I like the CSA, I wouldn't want them stuck "here" and imprisoned like some random villain. They get beat, then they go home -- that's the deal.
    "was" the deal. This is the NEW 52! EXTREME!!!

That said, I hope they don't pull a Marvel and make another event as the "falling action." It's too predictable. It's obvious the good guys are going to win and it doesn't need to be prolonged. That said, I do want this is spin off in a different direction. I don't want it to be like a predictable film (like most Marvel events are nowadays). In that sense, I mean, a problem is introduced, the problem wins, but the heroes find a way to prevail in the end. I also don't like when the main villain just escapes. Instead, I'd rather it get more complicated. Like, right before it is all about to be resolved, Batman gets thrown through time, leaving Nightwing to pick up the mantle for a time. It's just more shocking, unpredictable and exciting. Comic books aren't movies and they should distinguish themselves by not having a "storybook" ending. That should be saved for the end of a long run or graphic novels. Like Grant Morrison's Batman deserved one of those, but he never really got one.

The Grid looks like will stay on earth prime for good to be a villain for a Cyborg solo title. I think it is ok for the Crime Syndicate to be on earth prime permanently since earth 3 seems to be destroyed.