Default If every Corps had an Earthling on it, where would you want them from?

Being an American, I think the USA is awesome *waves tiny little flag* despite its flaws. BUUUT some folks on the boards have made the very good point that it can be kind of surprising/improbable that, officially, all the Green Lanterns from Earth are living in the USA. Frankly, I think all our celltowers must be throwing the rings guidance systems off or something. I believe the next one , if Johns plan is followed, will be a woman of Latina descent.

However, the Red Lanterns have two Earthlings, one from the UK (IIRC), and the other..is a cat.

But, assuming the Blue Lanterns ever make a comeback (And they will need to make some serious recruitment if they do), one might be from Earth yet. The Sinestro Corps is getting its own series. Heck, we still have lots of Corps to draft Earthlings from.

So what parts of the Earth would you want new recruits for the various corps to be from?

My own thoughts on some possibilities:
    Blue- I'm thinking an African country, either war torn or with huge poverty problems or both. I apologize for generalizing an entire continent, but my geographical knowledge is weak enough that I'd want to think about it before picking a specific one. If we wanted ties to the original Batwing, that might be a nice lead in. Given the plight of Coptic Christians in some countries I'd probably be tempted to make him a man of that faith but whoever wrote it would really need to do his research to get things right.

Indigo- Nok! I mean, the Indigo tribe is a bit lacking in personality, being all brainwashed into reform and all. So one spot might be as good as another. That said, how about a man who was a psychopath, but somehow bearing the indigo staff returns his sanity and he's quite aware of all he's did. He's desperately afraid of losing his light and going back to what he was. Let's make him Dutch. Why? Why not, I don't think the Netherlands gets mentioned in the comics EVER so yeah.

Sapphire- Unless you count Kyle when he taps into it, the Star Sapphires are all female last I heard. Maybe it's time to allow some guys to make like Huey Lewis and tap into the 'Power of love!' I have an image in my head of some Japanese guy scrambling to rescue his wife or even whole family from an Earthquake when the ring finds him. That said, if we want another lady, rushing to save your loved ones from the crevice that opened up under neath them would work just as well for a young lady.

Yellow/Sinestro- In a 'Gee, I miss the Cold War' moment, I'm picturing an ex-KGB agent who's older than the average character in the DCnu, but no less dangerous for all that. In fact, the 'old age and treachery always beats youth and skill' mantra would be a good one for this guy. Maybe he's got a nephew on the Rocket Red Brigade.

Of course, if more GLs and RLs were to come from Earth than their already are, well, I vote the Red Lantern be a Canadian writer for TV. I'm telling you, their sarcasm burns! And JL Canada will need a foe. :)
    Last edited by Den; 09-13-2013 at 09:37 AM.
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

people from places that haven't been explored in comics yet.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    people from places that haven't been explored in comics yet.
    That's kind of vague given that I'm not sure DC always knows that there are several states between the East and Wests coasts, let alone whole countries on the globe ;)
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

The Blue Lanterns need a corgi, although I like your idea of picking someone from an impoverished nation, because such a person could easily represent hope.

America is really the only important place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    The Blue Lanterns need a corgi, although I like your idea of picking someone from an impoverished nation, because such a person could easily represent hope.
    A Blue Lantern Corgi?
    Now I have a mental image of one of the Queen of England's pets gaining a blue ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    That's kind of vague given that I'm not sure DC always knows that there are several states between the East and Wests coasts, let alone whole countries on the globe ;)
    Maybe they can spin a globe and throw darts at it.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    Maybe they can spin a globe and throw darts at it.
    As long as they're willing to discount 'these big blue parts', that might work :)

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    As long as they're willing to discount 'these big blue parts', that might work :)
    How dare you ignore the Atlantean peoples! :P

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    How dare you ignore the Atlantean peoples! :P
    "There are two things I can't stand. Those who are intolerant of other Cultures... and Fish"- Black Manta Powers