Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Well that's me depressed.

Only made worse by the fact that there'll probably be a bunch of loose ends.

This wasn't hard to see coming but it's still a bummer. I was more upset about Venom ending but this sucks too. I can't blame Marvel for pulling the plug, though. The book just wasn't selling. On the upside, with Venom and Scarlet Spider being cancelled and All-New Marvel Now on the horizon, I expect that those holes in the Spidey-verse won't go unfilled for long. Maybe both Venom and Scarlet Spider will get relaunches or end up in other titles.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm depressed

They both might get folded into Superior Spider-Man. Venom is already getting the Superior Treatment, how long before we get the Superior Scarlet Spider

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Well this is honestly upsetting news, especially considering how underrated the series really was in its lifetime. It was really one of those books that had always been at the top of my pile to read first when I bought each issue and had me wanting more with each. To me, Scarlet Spider was how you do a darker and edgier Spider-Man right and gave me a 616 Spider-Man I could actually root for, especially in this time of Superior being around. It really is sad for me to see it cancelled like this leaving so many future stories it had hinted towards forever untold.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Blast, now I will never get to see Yost do a fight between X-23 and Kaine.

Noooooo ! WHY ??? Please God , there MUST be a relaunch ! We should at least have Superior Scarlet Spider or something like that !
    PLEASE ! MARVEL HAS TO RELAUNCH IT ! It's like THE BOOK I enjoy the most !!
    Tell me there will be a new series , please tell me

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    It really does seem like Marvel's cancellation threshold has creeped upwards. What's really odd is that they're keeping Fearless Defenders going, and that's selling quite a bit worse than SS.
    Exactly.

That being said, I don't think X-men Legacy and the aforementioned Fearless Defenders are long for this world.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

He who breeds Pestilence TheSpawnOfDeth's Avatar

No Venom...no SS...I hate people and their horrible taste, for not buying those books.
    Waiting for book:Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Quicksilver[x]Ghost Rider[x], Bucky Barnes[x], Gambit[x]

Favorite Marvel book: Uncanny Avengers/Favorite DC book: Animal-Man

I hate first-world feminist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well this is honestly upsetting news, especially considering how underrated the series really was in its lifetime. It was really one of those books that had always been at the top of my pile to read first when I bought each issue and had me wanting more with each. To me, Scarlet Spider was how you do a darker and edgier Spider-Man right and gave me a 616 Spider-Man I could actually root for, especially in this time of Superior being around. It really is sad for me to see it cancelled like this leaving so many future stories it had hinted towards forever untold.
    This.^^^^^ I'm fairly certain this is one of the reasons why it was cancelled. I mean really....two books on the stands about a Darker, Edgier Spider-Man, very redundant. However one actually made sense and had a character that like you said you could root for and the other......well, the other is just there for....whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    This.^^^^^ I'm fairly certain this is one of the reasons why it was cancelled. I mean really....two books on the stands about a Darker, Edgier Spider-Man, very redundant. However one actually made sense and had a character that like you said you could root for and the other......well, the other is just there for....whatever reason.

Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Wow now I wish I didn't trade wait for this book
    Buy The Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Wow now I wish I didn't trade wait for this book
    It's all your fault!

Can I suggest "Superior Allies of Spider-Man" starring Venom and Scarlet Spider?