Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: Which Broken-Up Marvel or DC Couple Would You Most Like To See Reunited?

Which Broken-Up Marvel or DC Couple Would You Most Like To See Reunited?

As we wrote about earlier this week, DC and Marvel have made it a habit of erasing comic book marriages in the last few decades. Which of these split couples would you most like to see stage a return to married life?

Vote on the poll here.

Wow. I thought it was Ben who dated Alicia Masters.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Dawn them for only giving us one option.
    I went with the biggest offender. Superman and Lois (after all, they didn't have him make a deal with the Devil to save his dirt old aunt to end that one. Plus, I was there through it all, and I was a fan of the Lois & Clark TV show), but there are plenty of others I'd like to have seen back.
    Peter and MJ (the deal with the Devil undone).
    Hank Pym and the Wasp (despite the work that Marvel put into showing that it was a mistake, I still liked it when they were together).
    Mr. Miracle and Big Barda (seriously? I don't think I've ever thought of them as not married).
    Barry Allen and Iris West (If being married works for anyone, it's for Barry)
    I can't believe they left out Aquaman and Mera.
    Also, no love for Cyclops and Jean (Sure, technically he's a widower, but they seemed on the way to end the marriage when she croaked).
    Other marriages I don't find so iconic (Crystal & Quicksilver, Atom and Jean Loring, Black Panther & Storm, etc...) or I find them more interesting separated (Wanda & Vision, Hellcat & Hellstorm, Hawkeye and Mockingbird, etc...). Of course, some of these characters still havve to show up in the New Universe, to see if they are more interesting together or apart (Wally, Hourman, Jessie, etc...).

Peace

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Wow. I thought it was Ben who dated Alicia Masters.
    He did, then Torch stole her and married her (briefly).
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

How can Wally West get back together with his woman if he doesn't exist anymore?

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Should probably worry about Wally and Linda existing before getting them together.

EDIT: And yet again guy before me makes my point before I finish typing.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    He did, then Torch stole her and married her (briefly).
    And, it wasn't, actually, Alicia that Johnny married, but a Skrull impersonating her (Yeah, I know...my head hurts, too).

For me, this was an easy vote. Obviously, the right answer is Spidey and MJ. If only because of the sheer stupidity of the circumstances that negated their marriage.

Hourman and Liberty Belle, the only one worth having.

Vision and Wanda - One of the best couples of comics
    Spidey and MJ - By the method we parted.
    Torch and Lyja - I always liked the two together
    Pym and Jan - if not a marriage, it is a relationship.
    By Faltine and Ikonn and Dark Valtorr -- By Seraphim, Denak, and Raggadorr -- By Dormammu, Watoomb, and Cyttorak!

No Cyclops and Jean in the poll? They were an item there for almost 50 years. C'mon man.

Where is Scott and Jean at ? thats the only couple i want to see

I actually went with Wally and Linda. I'm in the minority on Spider-Man/MJ (In that I don't much care) and while I don't like Superman with Wonder Woman, I prefer Lois as the diamond standard for Clark rather than necessarily a spouse.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
    No Cyclops and Jean in the poll? They were an item there for almost 50 years. C'mon man.
    Touche. Hadn't even thought of that one. Would've gotten my vote if it's there.

And it's not like you can cite "she's dead" as reason not to consider it. Parker's dead too and Wally doesn't exist in New 52 yet.

Black Panther & Storm

No Scott and Jean? But garbage like black panther and storm....and the atom? Did a 12 year old make this poll?