Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Justice League: Lobo #23.2

Deep in the dark corridors of space lives a black-hearted being of unimaginable power. He's witnessed horrors beyond description and committed unparalleled evils. In all of history, no being has ever been capable of as much chaos and terror as this lone individual. This is the story of the man called Lobo. He's coming. And he's bringing all of hell with him.

Full preview here.

All I'm going to say is I'm taking a wait and see approach with this.

I think fans overreacted with this. Granted, DC has been @#$#% up things a lot in the last few years, so...

I think the best way to describe it is...the impression I get from those two pages is Galactic Level Floyd Lawton (the Ostrander and Gail Simone version).

Take that any way you want.

I like the look, not so ridiculously over the top as before.

He kinda looks like this guy from Shaman King: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rio.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	119464

Does he "Lobo" out and look like the old version? I'd like that.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

The art looks really good, here's hoping that the story is good too.

I'm not hating the design, compare to the rough sketches a few weeks ago. I agree that "Lobo-ing out" might be interesting for the character. It'd give him a few facets to play off of in stories.

I hope the woman with the green tentacle hair sitting to his left sticks around as a side kick.
    "Gargantua, stop! We're... friends!"
    - Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman

agree that lobo needed an update from his over-the-top-90s persona... but not liking the look at all. what's up with all the tron gear he's wearing & the bad blue facial tats. meh.

I will wait to judge the new Lobo till after I read the issue but he still looks terrible. I mean is he drinking a martini?

Yes, he still looks terrible.

However, this is pure weaboo shit in terms of design. Just pretty much seemed like the issue was focused on "This aint your daddys Lobo" though the story was decent, cant say the same for the dialog.

All this just makes me want to read about THE REAL MAIN MAN Lobo.

Though, spoilers, it turns out the other Lobo is still running around but is a 'fake' Lobo who stole weaboo Lobos identity or something.

Ofc I didn't Like the new Lobo at first but after reading the one-shot, The new look is actually growing on me.

BANNED

For some reason, the text box in the coner makes this even more fitting:

I like the basic design/new look but I don't love the proportions. I liked Lobo as the hulking 'main man' because it spoke to how tough he was. The more slick David Boreanz looking Lobo is fine but unremarkable. Keep the costume but give him something more unique with his proportions or he'll just look like a Shiar or Atlantean pretty boy.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post
    I like the basic design/new look but I don't love the proportions. I liked Lobo as the hulking 'main man' because it spoke to how tough he was. The more slick David Boreanz looking Lobo is fine but unremarkable. Keep the costume but give him something more unique with his proportions or he'll just look like a Shiar or Atlantean pretty boy.
    Yeah I was also thinking that if he had his normal manly size this design could be atleast livable with.

But, spoilers, appearently theres two. Which makes me wonder whats the need to have a character whos pretty much like lobo but really and edgier. I wonder if theyre actually going to do something intellegent with this whole thing or just use it as a bait and switch.