Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Default Magneto (Mavel Comics) takes on the Angels (Neon Genesis Evangelion).

Magneto, at his normal operating power levels, arrives in Tokyo 3. In this universe, NERV exists, but the three EVA's have disappeared, and from Sachiel (the Third Angel) and on, only Magneto can save the world (presume he'll do so in order to get back to his world safely).

So, can Magneto, working with NERV (or against them and SEELE if that would happen), face each Angel and beat it?

Rebuild Angels can be a second scenario if you'd like.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

I suspect this is a case where neither side can effectively hurt the other. I've heard some pretty good feats for Magneto's auto-shields, and he's got that psychic-proof helmet, but then several of the Angels don't really have any way to be attacked physically. Anything that has an exposed core, he can probably kill. AT fields are not especially relevant, as there's no evidence of them stopping magnetism from working.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    AT fields are not especially relevant, as there's no evidence of them stopping magnetism from working.
    I am pretty sure that shutting down all signals that NERV can detect would include magnetism.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I am pretty sure that shutting down all signals that NERV can detect would include magnetism.
    I don't see why we would assume that blocking signals from Nerv would stop fundamental forces from functioning. It's certainly not evidence of anything that will block Magneto's power from affecting things behind the field.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever